• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The parts fairy came this weekend. I went and picked up a SR20DET 5 speed transmission for my swap. I also made an order from Collins Adapters for the pilot bearing adapter and modified throw out bearing collar. Meaning the only transmission thing left I will need to get ahold of is a stage 3 SR clutch disk to pair with the new XTD stage 3 pressure plate that came with the engine. I can drop the engine in the car in the next few weeks. If I can sell the Mercedes which is now running and driving to buy a new daily driver. 

On another note I also bought a set of Suzuki GSXR COPs to pair with my 1uz they will fit but I need some 15mm springs to bridge the gap between the COP and the spark plug. This means I can delete the dual dizzys which will make things easier once I go to Megasquirt. 

Plz301yl.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

More parts from parts land... Summit Racing. This time it is my new ACT race clutch which puts me one step closer. Right now I am just gathering parts, the Z is sleeping and I have a new daily. I traded off the Mercedes for a 84 BMW 325e which was a pretty decent trade if you ask me. I have a few plans for that but that wont be until the Z is back on the road. I may just sell it and get a 510 wagon though. 

Q5T2UPJl.jpg

FscZBNXl.jpg

PAjGyr4l.jpg

• Like 1

More parts from parts land... Summit Racing. This time it is my new ACT race clutch which puts me one step closer. Right now I am just gathering parts, the Z is sleeping and I have a new daily. I traded off the Mercedes for a 84 BMW 325e which was a pretty decent trade if you ask me. I have a few plans for that but that wont be until the Z is back on the road. I may just sell it and get a 510 wagon though. 

Q5T2UPJl.jpg

FscZBNXl.jpg

PAjGyr4l.jpg

Get a goon  :thumbup:

That e30 is pretty clean tho

Yeah it is great from the outside, it needs a new interior but in due time.

Okay so time for small update. No new parts or progress but with a set date for Canby this year I am going to kick shit into high gear like I did last year. I will probably be pulling my engine this weekend. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah Valentine's Day, a day with binge drinking and productivity on car builds for me atleast. I have gotten my 1uz mostly stripped and my manifolds flipped so I can figure out what modifications will be needed to make everything work. The biggest issue I found was the passenger side manifold doesn't allow the alternator to go it so that will need to be modified. On another note I have one major component coming tomorrow, if you know me on facebook then you know that it is. I will give you a hint, it is sometimes referred to as snail or an expensive spinny thing. 

d6JU0kol.jpg

Y6zXGILl.jpg

X1dhHLkl.jpg

dw2aNgNl.jpg

And a bonus pic of all the spaghetti and other bs I pulled off the motor that won't be going back on.

o930fiXl.jpg

• Like 1

LOVE the 1uz. Such a great light motor

Yes it is, which was part of my reasoning behind using it. It's lighter than a LS and it is a Japanese motor. 

So today I got a small package that should give my project a boost. It is a Borg Warner S366 with a Billet compressor wheel, upgraded bearings and a .83 ar exhaust housing.

aDsWUE8l.jpg

gcNH0jAl.jpg

• Like 1