• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I decided I liked the wheels enough to hold onto them and I just worked out a deal with the guy I got them from since he felt like shit about the whole thing. So I rolled my fenders and cut a bit out of my air dam to make them fit as they should. I may have to get more creative since I feel the car sits too high now but on the plus side I don't scrap on everything. I also got a Yakima roof rack pretty cheap since I am always hauling shit around. I am going to make a fairing out of aluminum and rivets. I also picked up a vented hood which will be going on later this week. Next up brakes! I need to ditch those drums in the rear and some 4 pistons in front for the power I am going to be adding. 

4d1Lw3zl.jpg

• Like 1

So I decided I liked the wheels enough to hold onto them and I just worked out a deal with the guy I got them from since he felt like shit about the whole thing. So I rolled my fenders and cut a bit out of my air dam to make them fit as they should. I may have to get more creative since I feel the car sits too high now but on the plus side I don't scrap on everything. I also got a Yakima roof rack pretty cheap since I am always hauling shit around. I am going to make a fairing out of aluminum and rivets. I also picked up a vented hood which will be going on later this week. Next up brakes! I need to ditch those drums in the rear and some 4 pistons in front for the power I am going to be adding. 

4d1Lw3zl.jpg

wonder how the roof rack would look on the hatch  B)

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to replace my rusty hood and the fucked up hinge that was bolted to it that has never sat right, so now I have a vented hood on the car. I still need to paint the hood. I think I will paint it tan to match the body and paint the wheels black since I am not feeling the machined and polished lips. I may just black out all the trim and spoiler The car doesn't look aggressive enough. Also the damn thing sits too damn high now with those wheels. I need to lower my collars. My 240sx rear disk brackets came in as well, they look awesome I just need to get the rest of the hardware now to go with them. I'm thinking stoptech slotted rotors and some nice pads. I am getting closer and closer to my 1uz swap. I just need a garage to do it in and a new daily while I am fucking with it. Then I will buy my motor and shit. 

lZaY3X8l.jpg

bZKl4WTl.jpg

9mBuroml.jpg

WQ1XpJKl.jpg

kSXjQPxl.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I cleaned up the Z and pulled the roof rack off as it's more of a function thing and went out a local car meet for shits and giggles. Someone took a liking to my little old Z. Damn the thing still sits too high I need to find a way to lower the front another inch. The new wheels are starting to bug me with how high they sit. I did just pick up some center caps for them which should help. I am already thinking about selling these wheels. I should change my logs name to diary of a wheel whore. I did the same thing with paintball guns back in the day. This weekends project is the hood and getting it to match the body. I just have to find a place to do some grinding since I can't do it on the street.

gtpdHi9.jpg

EqTC3tV.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Time for a long overdue update full of heartbreak and intrigue and what ever else may come. Long story short two days after I painted my hood someone backed into me at a stop light. I had to stop myself from going apeshit on the the other person. I got their insurance information and gave call. They had to send out an appraiser to estimate the value of my car. "Shit!" I thought, this could go really well or really bad. The appraiser ended up loving Z cars and valued my car at like 7k and gave me $1700 for repairs!!!! Here's some pics of the damage. It destroyed my bumper, bent the mounting brackets and messed up my fender. 

6UcpJ3Ll.jpg

BJR4eDgl.jpg

At the same time I moved into a new place with a garage which means engines swap in the not so distance future. I have a garage now which means I can do all the little projects I have been putting off. Like my rear disk and another few coats of paint. 

oVZn2RYl.jpg

So at this point I got my insurance money and I was tracking down a turbo motor when I stumbled onto a set of 17x9 Work VS Mesh wheels with flipped lips which made them a -50 offset. I cant do an engine swap right away so these seemed perfect and I got them for 1k. Not a bad deal if you ask me, now I need to decide on some flares for the thing. I'm thinking either Jpn Garage speed flares or their wide ZGs. I test fitted a friends normal ZG flares and they were too narrow. 

Z2aKvlAl.jpg

Uno9px3l.jpg

That's all for now. More to come soon. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Over the past few days I have gotten some packages for the Z. I figured I would I would share my new parts which are a pair of reproduction Nissan Cherry XR1 tail lights and a set of wide ZG flares from JPN Garage. 

hCFWPfWl.jpg

WXLnuJNl.jpg

The tail lights will be mounted something like this. 

61Dwy0Ol.jpg

N9WDCBvl.jpg

• Like 2

I may have to get more creative since I feel the car sits too high now 

The car doesn't look aggressive enough. Also the damn thing sits too damn high now with those wheels

Damn the thing still sits too high I need to find a way to lower the front another inch. 

lg2in.jpg

:rofl:

• Like 1

Guess the answer is "yes, it's a secret" then.   ^_^

They won't. Just send them to me.  :rofl:

No it's not secret you just have to do a little leg work to find them.

lg2in.jpg

:rofl:

Yeah I am a bit of a broken record it seems. It doesn't change my point though! I just need to get some camber plates to do a little more lowering in front and the rear coils can just be adjusted

• Like 1

PROGRESS!!!!!

So as of this past weekend I got my fenders all welded up and my new wheels mounted. At the same time I have been dealing with some issues getting the thing through emissions and now my tags are expired. 

1jUh2Vcl.jpg

3DnYwUIl.jpg

KTwdC25l.jpg

QXK2xKSl.jpg

YCMOVfwl.jpg

The front flares are going to be a little more annoying as I need lower profile rubber and maybe a bit narrower as well but only time will tell. I have a line on a 240z shell with a sti lsd. I may have a reshelling in my future to avoid emissions. It just needs I have to weld the rears again.

• Like 1

So I got some bad news last night in the form of a compression test. I am getting 120 across all cylinders. I think my rings are fucked.... Shit. Now my tags are expired too. I hate Portland since I have to get my car through emissions cause it's a 78. Total bullshit. So now I need to find a new engine or see if I cant find a way around emissions and not drive illegally till I'm ready to do my engine swap.

You sure those are works, they look extremely similar to my SSR's

I'm positive. They say work all over them. Center caps and all.

• 4 weeks later...

During Canby I was told by several of you that I haven't been updating this enough and the amount of progress I'm about to post is proof of that. In the time since I last posted I have installed canby plates up front to take care of the ride height issue in the front mounted my tail lights and made filler plates of sorts, cut my arches, mounted my flares and spoiler. In addition I had my girl friend paint the cherry blossom on the front fenders. 

arCtLG8l.jpg

9DIxPS6l.jpg

5WKp8g7l.jpg

XhlOZGol.jpg

FO19rxvl.jpg

VGEj1Gkl.jpg

I decided to enter the Ohka in the car show and Canby. I had the only car with the Z's with spray paint haha, needless to say I was not expecting to win anything. I was surprised when the thing took second place in the early Z car modified class. I'm sure I pissed off a few of the guys with show cars. The guy presenting awards didn't seem happy that I had a car with spray paint. 

k8j1MpRl.jpg

Cy5aPE7l.jpg

Now that Canby is done with I can move on to the next stuff on my list such as my rear disk swap, a proper filler plate for the tail lights, external oil cooler, and start amassing stuff for my 1uz swap which will happen later this year when I get a new daily. I will be sure to update stuff more as it happens and less when I get around to it. 

• Like 3

I decided to enter the Ohka in the car show and Canby. I had the only car with the Z's with spray paint haha, needless to say I was not expecting to win anything. I was surprised when the thing took second place in the early Z car modified class. I'm sure I pissed off a few of the guys with show cars. The guy presenting awards didn't seem happy that I had a car with spray paint. 

Did you see Daves goon? I'm sure he was just giving you a bit of a ribbin. :lol: 

In case you missed it in the picture thread.

IMG_4840.jpg

My girl said it needs some machine guns. We both loved your car. :)

• Like 4