Stevedawg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Just got a note from Richard Tankel from ProSsource Glass International

I have purchased 510, 620, high and low roadster windshields and other glass from him.

He is bringing in some brand new 520/521 windshields from the UK.

I can get them for $315 each plus $10-$15 handling.  I am arranging a shipment to Lynnwood, WA.  Let me know asap if you want one.

ProSource Glass international

Toll Free 877-345-2800 US & Canada

978-975-5400

978-790-4657 Cell

www.prosourceglassintl.com

If you look real close, you can see where I cut the rubber gasket back in two spots in the photo below(side/top), I cut the gasket on both sides, top and bottom, and then measured it while in the truck, then I measured a 521 windshield, they were the same, I posted this so you know how I came to the conclusion before actually installing a 521 windshield in the truck.

Broken 520 windshield with gasket cut top and side.

DSCN3005.JPG

521 windshield with new 521 gasket installed in my 520.

DSCN3007.JPG

Mike I think your numbers are reversed.  The older windshields are thicker and  the newer windshields are thinner.  Same with the door window, wing window and back window glass I have or had examples of each to prove this statement.   That is why most of the 520/521 windshields leak and cause the cab floors to rust out.  The after market windshields are thin requiring sealer to be used between the windshield and gasket. 

I sold a new old stock 521 windshield that still had the factory wrapping and part number on it because it was thinner than my original 66 520 windshield and a club sister had been looking for one for years.  She was very pleased to get it.

Mike you still amaze me.  You need to change your screen name to DatsunEncyclopediaMike.

Mike I think your numbers are reversed.  The older windshields are thicker and  the newer windshields are thinner.  Same with the door window, wing window and back window glass I have or had examples of each to prove this statement.   That is why most of the 520/521 windshields leak and cause the cab floors to rust out.  The after market windshields are thin requiring sealer to be used between the windshield and gasket. 

I sold a new old stock 521 windshield that still had the factory wrapping and part number on it because it was thinner than my original 66 520 windshield and a club sister had been looking for one for years.  She was very pleased to get it.

Mike you still amaze me.  You need to change your screen name to DatsunEncyclopediaMike.

According to nissan microfiche, up to 9/67 was 5mm, and 10/67 on was 6.6mm

GLASS-WINDSHIELD (LAMINATED)T5.0   72613-14801 J13 T SERIES   - 6709  

GLASS-WINDSHIELD (LAMINATED)T6.6   72613-28000   6710 -    

We all know than every part number and info is correct in the microfiche.  I have the same microfiche and I have personally owned and compared OEM NOS stock 72613-14801 and the OEM NOS 72613-2800  and I am telling you that that microfiche and parts manuals are incorrect.  The thicknesses have been reversed.  I have been working with 520 and 521 trucks since 1979 and have enjoyed every minute of it.

• 4 months later...