Canby 2015 10th anniversary, No Excuses June 13th-14th

Janksun

If I had known you were in Sprague I would have come down to meet you. I'm just 25 miles north of there. I'll trust my 510 for that distance, but not as far as Canby.You probably were lucky I didn't know you were close. We might still be there talking Datsuns!

Len

Stopped at Sprague Lake for the night and on to Nakusp in BC to visit an old friend's grave. Trip to the hot springs and supper and then north to the ferry to Revelstoke for the night. From there to Calgary in the mid afternoon. It was hot near Yakima, windy near Ritzville and beautiful weather north to BC.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange,,, did this really happen??  Cuz usually most Olympia Ratsun guys would have posted that they somehow completely "forgot" about this on the calendar,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or any Datsun social event for that matter.. 

Weird

Yeah i'm that guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well not "that Guy" cuz he is quite a bit more slender than me and not as handsome ,, and really i never wear hats much anymore  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  but,,,,,,,,,, i digress.

I will see all you bungholes again next year whether you want me too or not.

Maybe in a real Datsun next time not a 720

:poke:

:devil:

• Like 1

Geez, now I really feel bad.I don't admit it often, but I live in Harrington. When you drove down the main drag here in town you were about a block from me. Your Datsun sensing powers must have been burned out from all the cars at Canby. If you had looked down a certain side street you might have gotten a glimpse of my cars, enough to swing around and take a look. But it is probably better you didn't, considering how I like to talk. And I may have made you a deal on my 200SX &/or F10 that you couldn't pass up. I think the Datsun gods were protecting you. :lol:

Len

Wow that close! I went up the highway just far enough to turn left and go north to Harrington and  Davenport? (something like that)  One of the best cuppa joes was in Davenport at a kiosk.

Damn that was close! I'll remember for next time Len. Nice little town. Maybe it was there that I gassed up north out of town? Co-0p? or some no name brand fuel dealer? Lady at the counter?

BTW, I can out talk you no problem.... :lol: 

I asked Celeste that works at the Cenex station on the north end of town if she remembers any Canadians stopping early in the week. She recalls one Canadian couple. But I couldn't tell her what you were driving for sure. I don't remember seeing your yellow 710 in any of the Canby pics. And that is probably what I was doing while you were going through town - in at the computer looking for new Canby pics anyone might have posted.

Len

Damn that was close! I'll remember for next time Len. Nice little town. Maybe it was there that I gassed up north out of town? Co-0p? or some no name brand fuel dealer? Lady at the counter?

BTW, I can out talk you no problem.... :lol:

Hmmm, it is probably right there in a bunch of people's albums and I didn't see it. Now I need to go back and review all the Canby pics. I also didn't see pics of any 1st gen 200SXs or F10s. But maybe those get turned away at the gate, or if they sneak in, no one takes pics of them. :lol:

Len

20150613_193041_zpssjt44on3.jpg

Len, there were no F10s, which means you need to bring yours to Canby!  Mike, I had no idea you went that far over!  You could have stopped by Cheney, it was only 30 miles away!  That would have been a trip!  I've been trying to get Len, Regy, and Rod to go to Canby for years, but so far they're all sandbagging.  :)

• Like 1

Matt - If I ever make it to Canby it will be with my 510, not the F10 or SX. A shabby 510 (like mine) can be passed off as a work in progress with great potential. A shabby F10 or SX (like mine) just looks depressing, like it will only keep getting worse. But I'm all in favor of someone else bringing a nice one to Canby. Should be an attention getter.

I was looking at the side-ways video. From about 0:13 to 0:16 do I see two lime green 610s? Once again, I need to review all the Canby pics and see what I missed.

flatcat - I was pretty sure I saw an S12, but probably in one of the vids so I couldn't be sure that is what it was. I don't remember seeing datzenmike's 710 in the hour long vid, but I may have missed it.

Len

Yes, two 610s Len.  One was Micromachinery, and the other was Datsunawi, driven by Mohammed.  Almost identical.  Except we spent the week before working on Mohammed's brakes and springs.  The brakes started working well yesterday, lol.  Didn't stop Mohammed though, that's true ratsun there.

Yes, two 610s Len.  One was Micromachinery, and the other was Datsunawi, driven by Mohammed.  Almost identical.  Except we spent the week before working on Mohammed's brakes and springs.  The brakes started working well yesterday, lol.  Didn't stop Mohammed though, that's true ratsun there.

True Ratsun?

Then why was he in the hotel Saturday night?

Far from Ratsun.

• Like 1

Matt - If I ever make it to Canby it will be with my 510, not the F10 or SX. A shabby 510 (like mine) can be passed off as a work in progress with great potential. A shabby F10 or SX (like mine) just looks depressing, like it will only keep getting worse. But I'm all in favor of someone else bringing a nice one to Canby. Should be an attention getter.

I was looking at the side-ways video. From about 0:13 to 0:16 do I see two lime green 610s? Once again, I need to review all the Canby pics and see what I missed.

flatcat - I was pretty sure I saw an S12, but probably in one of the vids so I couldn't be sure that is what it was. I don't remember seeing datzenmike's 710 in the hour long vid, but I may have missed it.

Len

This is just not true. Every Datsun from the rattiest to the nicest is welcome at Canby and all are drooled on. Rarer the better, most of the younger guys have never even seen an F10 or SX in person, so either would likely draw a crowd. 

• Like 9