Canby 2015 10th anniversary, No Excuses June 13th-14th

Janksun

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great time at the show this year! I was so busy walking around talking to fellow Datsun people & trying to meet as many Ratsun people as I could, that I didn't take very many pictures. I am very proud to have been part of the truck build project, even if I only got to put in one day,& a couple donations. I'm looking forward to next year, & will do everything I can to help make sure this great event keeps going!

• Like 1

Oh and Matt the car ran great on the way to Woodbury but on the way to Portland it started acting up again the same way i managed to put some injector cleaner only helped so much but still made it home and was averaging about 75 got up to 80 for a little while. I think once I have the money I definitely ready for a new engine or even rebuilt the L24E and built it up some.

Check your grounds.  We only tightened the positive cable.  Also, check the positive cable again, see if it's wiggled loose.  Those three wires (two positive, one ground from the main connector) must have a good connection for the system to work properly.  Check the other end of the grounds against the harness, they're on that bolt on your manifold.  Separate out and check for resistance.

I'd almost bet the positive cable came loose again.

Check your grounds.  We only tightened the positive cable.  Also, check the positive cable again, see if it's wiggled loose.  Those three wires (two positive, one ground from the main connector) must have a good connection for the system to work properly.  Check the other end of the grounds against the harness, they're on that bolt on your manifold.  Separate out and check for resistance.

I'd almost bet the positive cable came loose again.

Positive cable looks good, vacuum lines decently need to be changed sometime soon and the rest I'll carefully check.

Greetings from Calgary!! WTF? is this I read. Rick won the 521!!! Woot!  To me, this is as good as me winning!!!! That's just great news, I couldn't be happier. I couldn't accept the truck anyway, no way to get it home and there are more deserving people out there. I wanted to support all the effort and work that went into this so I just bought some tickets and gave them away. That it was given away for a second time is cosmically awesome!!! I guess it was just looking for Rick. I am thrilled, I am beside myself happy how this all worked out.

I'll try to post more tomorrow. My daughter only has a lap top for work and they are trying to connect up an old tower they have tonight for me.

I left early afternoon while Canby was at it's peak and how I wanted to remember it... plus if I stick around Dave would have me picking up garbage. lol. If I had stayed maybe the winning ticket would have been different, who knows. Once around Mt. Hood and north up the Columbia back roads to Yakima. Took a piss in the sage brush just off the highway and came out to find the sheriff pulling up. "everything alright?" ..... "just taking a leak" Carry on he says, but follows me a few miles. Stopped at Sprague Lake for the night and on to Nakusp in BC to visit an old friend's grave. Trip to the hot springs and supper and then north to the ferry to Revelstoke for the night. From there to Calgary in the mid afternoon. It was hot near Yakima, windy near Ritzville and beautiful weather north to BC. Took only paved back roads where I could dawdle along at  40-50. Alternator works less than half the time. Will run for hours and hours with no problem and then not charge when started after gassing up. You can drive on what stored in the battery and later it will charge it back up. Matt lent me an alternator so if it fucks up totally I can swap it. Drove it the first night after dark until the lights were dim and honked the horn to check and the gauge jumped to 14 just like that... so I kept going. Well over a thousand miles traveled so far and mileage is good for trippin'. Got a 32 MPG US gallon. That's 38 Canadian gallon!!! Doesn't seem possible. Lots of low 30s and high 20s (Canadian) not bad for a 4.11 gear change!!!

• Like 13

Does anyone know or knows how to get a hold o the gentle man with the red 510 that ran efi and a/c i have some questions that i neglected to ask 

i took no pics of anything so i have no reference 

No contact info.. but I love that car!!

Does anyone know or knows how to get a hold o the gentle man with the red 510 that ran efi and a/c i have some questions that i neglected to ask 

i took no pics of anything so i have no reference 

Yep that's Dave Witt of Sac Datsun.   http://www.sacdatsun.150m.com/

Met him and his wife at Mike's driveline service stop in Williams last Thursday ;)

On the right:

P1070355_zpsgmwpahy7.jpg

I'll PM you his email...

• Like 3

I was there.  I even was loaned a Datsun to drive so I could fit in with you peoples.  I drunken talked to few people and saw some of you guys I know by your rides.

Also, I made this sign, partially drunk still from Friday night... that cool guy named Grayson helped with that.

IMG_7583_zpsmnxvehvc.jpg

-Robert

• Like 1