Canby 2015 10th anniversary, No Excuses June 13th-14th

Janksun

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was amazing seeing Y'alls rides...and the ingenuity that went into them. This was my first Canby show.

Until now, i thought a disc brake conversion was revolutionary back when i had my 620 Deluxe.

What you guys can do, blew my mind. Wish i had room for another KHL.

• Like 1

Good. We need a report from him saying he had power on the way home then.

Yeah, you know how the early Bosch systems only have two power wires and a ground for the ecu?  Those were connected to the side post terminal bolt, which was only loose about all the way.  I'm surprised it hadn't fallen out.  The air boot does still have cracks, he has a couple of shitty injectors, but they still work.  We put it back together and I started checking injectors and vacuum lines and couldn't find anything really out of whack, so followed it over to the battery and grabbed the positive cable and wiggle wiggle!  Tightened that up, and amazing, no more backfiring through the intake, etc.  Lol.

Anyway, he's going to do new injectors anyway and fix the air leaks in the air boot.  We should have done it the night before, just not enough time for it to full cure so we wrapped it with more electrical tape.  It sort of cured but was still pretty soft.

Oh, and Jorge, when you do reseal that boot the next time, strip the black silicone we used off and use the Right Stuff instead, it will bond much better.

So that's two fixes for me this weekend.  The carb mounting flange on the Mercedes was loose because the guy used RTV on it instead of a gasket. 510 bender and I informed him of never doing that in future. :)  So the Merc runs well now, the 810 runs well now, I've done my fixing until next Canby!

• Like 2

mohammed610_zpsle9mdp5m.jpg

This grin says it all!  :D  This is where Mohammed tried to leave me in the dust, but couldn't quite do it.  Did pretty well up to 100 though.  Caught him with the mighty Maxima and 600 more ccs.  ;)

quinnaustin210_zpspoxdmxla.jpg

Didn't get Austin driving, wrong side, but here's Quinn!

• Like 4

Had a blast this year. Just got home, left about 3am (570miles).

First year I've had problems with the car, but she still got me home.

Problems included a weird tinny intermittent driveline noise (best guess was needle bearings on the driveshaft), the alternator light coming on somewhere around Eugene and then going off on its own about 200 miles later, the starter getting heat soaked and being grumpy about starting, and the cigarette lighter which spontaneously disassembled itself right as I pulled into the house.

• Like 4

I'm uploading videos and I did refer to Redeye's truck as L20DeYes truck because I can never seem to remember that. :D

:rofl: 

Yeah, well Jorge and I went and picked up trash in the field while we waited for his intake boot to dry.  There was quite a bit, no bottles, but lots over by the Honda kids.  Go figure. ;)

Good job dude. :thumbup:

• Like 1

welp mysick daughter last week gave me a fever just in time ... monday rolling a 102 temp ... freezin cold and its 80 plus out ... welp she got over it quick so hopefully i will too ,...... hada great time .... next year camping is the order from my co pilot ... especially since my kid will be there too !!!!   nice to meet datsun mike ... want4edt o shoot the breeze more bu u were rolling out ... chatted erich was like a while ..... even flat cat pretended to appreciate his wheels i brought ... lol just kidding ... super happy rick won ..... that just proves the datto community as a whole has good hearts ..... i say we get something for al to show appreciation ... maybe a donation fund to get a motor built ... he deserves something ... as well as his lady 

• Like 6

welp mysick daughter last week gave me a fever just in time ... monday rolling a 102 temp ... freezin cold and its 80 plus out ... welp she got over it quick so hopefully i will too ,...... hada great time .... next year camping is the order from my co pilot ... especially since my kid will be there too !!!!   nice to meet datsun mike ... want4edt o shoot the breeze more bu u were rolling out ... chatted erich was like a while ..... even flat cat pretended to appreciate his wheels i brought ... lol just kidding ... super happy rick won ..... that just proves the datto community as a whole has good hearts ..... i say we get something for al to show appreciation ... maybe a donation fund to get a motor built ... he deserves something ... as well as his lady 

You are a lot taller than your profile pic.

• Like 4

got home 30 mins ago we left Medford around 10:30 after breakfast and the paint store 

seems I developed an exhaust leak on thew way home 

probably the header collector as that has come loose before

Canby was awesome 

Lets hope the new people keep up the great show 

• Like 4

Jrock - And you were definitely in a better mood this time. :D

much better company and my friends didnt back out at the 0 hour makin me look  a loner ...luckily naner to the rescue last year and pretended to be my friend and give me street cred.... your welcome flat cat .... glad u like hopefully kevins puling my motor 

• Like 2

Good times this weekend; bummer I had to leave for work in the middle of it. Thanks everyone who put this show on, and thank you everyone who makes this event special every year.

Keith: Thanks for the sweet wagon, man. It was great to meet you; glad you made it finally.

Grayson: Thanks for being such a pusher; you brought it Friday night.

Phil: Thanks for that parcel shelf; now I just need to find something to put it in :)

Chris: Thanks for taking that cabinet off my hands.. been lugging that thing around way too long.

Raymond: Thanks for the epic Rummy game. One for the books; good hangin' with you.

Nichole: Nice to meet you; hope you're not still sore about getting decimated during the practice round.

Dave: Always good to see you, bro. Thanks once again for the good times.

Matt: Good to see you; thanks for the offer on the tire(finally found that bike pump for mine).

Mike: Good to hang with you again; hope you made the ferry, eh.

Antony: Nice to meet you, man. Keep up the good work. See you next year!

Victory: Always good to see your face. Bloody Marys next time you're up my way.

MIke Stubbs: Thanks for the mirrors, bro. Hit me up when you're in my neck of the woods. I'll do the same next time I'm up your way.

Jenny: Great to see you; didn't see Brodie, but glad you guys made it down for more than a couple hours.

Al: Sweet job spearheading the raffle truck; thanks for giving us a tour of it before it went to it's new home.

Jes: Good to see you, man. Even if it was just while I was leaving :lol:

Adam and Jess: Great to see you guys. I always enjoy your company. Stay cool.

Derek: Good to see you; bummer we didn't get to construct that sweet cardboard wing for your 'Vert.

Jorge: Nice to see you again, man. Glad you got your 810 figger'd out.

Mohammed: Nice to meet you and your 610. Thing's sexy as hell.

Joey: Keep your fingers out of my rust, bastard.

Steve: Glad to get you your turn signal lens... sorry about the wait :lol:

Luke: Cool seeing you and your pickup. I'll hit you up about that CA manifold.

Kyle: Good to see you up here again, man. Hope your cruise up by Hood went well. Keep it between the ditches.

Jonah: Thanks for cruisin' shotgun on Sunday. Frack Burger FTMFW.

Andrew: Good to see you; Thanks for nothing :fu:

• Like 8

i did the mad swap met dash in last 15 minutes... bougth two steering wheels a rear bumper and a set of appliances and some misc parts... got real good deals   except the rear bumper smelled like james shift knob i was old .... i dont know tendril told me this 

• Like 1