The Dime Finally Realized

4perrev

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya Banzai. I do like the clean look and your right, NGK stickers never go out of style, but I also love the racing look. Always have. Really wanted to go the Redbull route because the bull on the side fits perfect. Still in the working phase and getting ideas. 

Why the heck would you want to paint your car with Red Bull or Monsters company logo?

The only two companies that came to mind. Might just go with a rally type paint job in the end. 

go with the yoshinoya bull on the hood 

and the car white 

Not sure what it is, but I'll look it up, thanks.

I think it would be cool if you create your own race team with a better logo than a bull or 3 scratch marks.

Dude, you are so on par with that comment!!! Love it and makes me motivated!!!!

• Like 1

Thought I might break out the L20 and put it in the car so I can mock up the transmission. Didn't realize how heavy the little B is. Well I got her in but ran out of steam to hook up the 5 speed. There's plenty O time coming as the rain and winter is upon us!! Seeing the engine in there gives me motivation, so I gotta get going. Here's the L20 .

fE1uCMV.jpg

Edited by 4perrev

So Monster lived up to their word. They sent me a very nice appreciation letter and a bunch of stickers. Haven't written them about a sponsorship yet, still thinking about it. Either way, they got my vote as a great company! Here's what they sent:

yEoJIWr.jpg

Edited by 4perrev

I do like the second idea and I just need to sit down and draw both ideas to see which one i like. Probably leaning towards my own design because I'm sure no company would give me the rights cause I'm not a race team. 

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2014 at 6:23 PM, hobospyder said:

What does the letter say?

Here you go:

YjJ9vtO.jpg

Edited by 4perrev

You should draw a Monster doggie stylin a Bull :devil: That should get their attention and there's nothing they can do.

Nice! That would go back to Red Bull, but Monster was actually nice.

Got some work done this weekend with all the rain going on. Figured it was time to finish up the transmission mount. The 280Z mount had pins front to back and I didn't really want to go crazy with a big fab, so I used the 510 xmission bottom mount and fab'd a plate across the bottom to hook into the original bolts on the tunnel. Bunch on measuring, cutting and welding made for a fun day, but got her all done. Then came the cover for the tunnel hole. Not too much out of the norm there. All in all, it was a good learning experience to build one. Now it's on to the factory seat mounts and floors!!

photo1_zps86c347dc.jpg

photo2_zps42616fe5.jpg

Edited by 4perrev
  • 3 months later...

So I decided to take the day off work and give some love to the girl in the garage. Been sometime since I actually gone in there and accomplished work. What the hell, it was raining anyways! Got the front floors welded in:

IMG_0914_zps6wz8lu3y.jpg

and here is the bottom of the passengers side:

jTEHczB.jpg

They were both bad after removing all the fiberglass. What a f&^kin mess that was!

The rear floors weren't too bad, but had an issue with Swiss cheese, of which I hate. Much prefer American to anything else. I digress here, so here is the way it was:

NeIkO0x.jpg

OXJQVt5.jpg

PpIq1nP.jpg

lEYx6Fm.jpg

And here is the cheese holes filled:

DzQVnwf.jpg

Turned out good and now I don't have to cut a new floor!

Also got down and made a rough cardboard template for the main hoop of the roll bar. Took said template and measurements to the local off road shop where they are going to bend it out for me. Once that's done, the rest of the straight connecting tubes (that I can do) will be mocked up and welded in. Will drop oics as it comes along!! Here's what's left of the slain cardboard box used as a template:

LhbC44U.jpg

Edited by 4perrev
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 10:45 PM, hobbes_the_cat said:

Right on. Glad to see you're still picking away at it.

Thanks Hobbs! It's a slow project, but going to be well worth it. Just trying to do it right.

Finished up the floors inside today and worked on some of the little rusty parts around. The passengers side rocker was in much need of attention:

a51OlNf.jpg

So, after cutting out the bad:

M9jFYGn.jpg

I got down and made a patch to fill it in. Think it turned out pretty good:

kQ55NBt.jpg

Edited by 4perrev

Had some more time yesterday and today to get back into the old girl. Finally decided to tear down the 280x struts and get them ready for the coiler conversion. Not too bad a job, although, the dust cover screws were solidly fixed to the strut. A little WD-40 and vice grips got em out.

57cYJ4d.jpg

Striped down:

4fhxTzq.jpg

Today I got into the trunk and found a nice bunch of swiss cheese down the rear lip of the rear panel.

IMG_0923_zpsvqgnmaaz.jpg

The picture is not so good, but there were holes all the way down where the trunk seal goes. Some thin metal there! Anyways, got it cleaned out and patched up pretty good.

IMG_0924_zpsojh69zfq.jpg

Also looked into the right rear panel on the side of the bumper mount holes. Wasn't too ugly, but had a little curve in it so it had a challenge to it.

r7tfXeK.jpg

Bfwms4C.jpg

She's coming along good and slow, but I guess that means I'm doing it right! Still fun a heck though!!

Edited by 4perrev

Not much to report after the good weekend, but don't understand why I get no responses after posts? Just looking for some critiques or advice to make sure the build goes right.  :blush:

Attacked a big hole in the trunk today. Not sure why, but the passanger's side of the car has more rust than the driver's? Weird. Anyways, took care of it all together.

FHZDrlu.jpg

W45BNHY.jpg

VbLgJBe.jpg

It's much stronger than before and almost flat. Not too worried about the level as it is the trunk after all.  Once it's painted with trunk liner, probably won't even know!!

Edited by 4perrev
  • Like 4