Motor swap! Advice!?

Bama720

I have a 85 Nissan 720 with the z24 carbed motor 4x4. I'm wantin more power without a lot of problems. I've been thinking of a 350 swap but a lot of cutting would have to be done. So I was thinking of the jeep 4.0 inline 6 motor, trans and maybe even axles. Has anyone done this before or have done and have any info on stuff that'll need to be done?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Google will help you find most swaps. Almost everyone swaps a KA motor which is probably less power than your going for. A few people have done 350s with minimal cutting. Im thinking an inline 6 would require more modifications than the 350 since they are so long in an otherwise small bay.

Drop a VG33 in there.

I have a 85 Nissan 720 with the z24 carbed motor 4x4. I'm wantin more power without a lot of problems. I've been thinking of a 350 swap but a lot of cutting would have to be done. So I was thinking of the jeep 4.0 inline 6 motor, trans and maybe even axles. Has anyone done this before or have done and have any info on stuff that'll need to be done?

Thought a 350 was v-8? And what do you mean a 6 speed? I was talking bout keepin it carbed with a Holley 4bbl. I just want more power for off-roading really. I know I'll have to swap trans and drive shafts and prolly diffs too cause the torque and power of the 350