Well, I picked up a 1964 320.

family200

I got this 320 today.  I have wanted one since around 1993 when I saw one in Bellingham.  It is rough, there is a little bit floor left in it.

I need to get rid of the horrible wheels and tires very soon!  Maybe Friday.

I can't tell what engine is in it.  It has the column shift gauge bezel, with a hacked in floor shift tranny.  The engine ID plate seems blank.  It looks a lot
like my J15, but the exhaust manifold is different, and the generator too.  Also Transmission shift area looks different from my J series.

Anyone have any ideas what engine it is?
Thanks.
P1100338_zpsc715066e.jpg

P1100336_zps85b9ae7b.jpg

P1100346_zpsd7afce23.jpgP1100341_zpsbc38ca26.jpgP1100353_zps93de2d0c.jpgP1100359_zpsc74aae71.jpgP1100356_zps2a4c0330.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! I am glad to hear that it is an E series.  The transmission tunnel is really hacked up, and it doesn't look like my other J series trannys on the shifter part.

I was just going off the ID tag for the year.

P1100349_zps046054fd.jpg

Quite possible that the truk was built in 64 judging by the grille as others have stated. If so, it's also probable that it came with column shift and someone put the 320 series floor-shift trany in later. If you peel the floor mats back you should see that the removable transmission cover pan is what has been butchered. It is removable with a handfull of screws. All you need to do is find a '65 floor-shift tranny pan and change it out with the butchered one.

As you said, the truk has the column-shift gage bezel. There are possibly some of the column shift linkage mount points, linkage, and such still under the truck. I'm in the process of converting mine from column-shift to floor-shift and have been researching this for a bit.

Steve

The guy that I got this truck from sent to his friends house to look at another one. 

This is what was there.

IMG_1127_zpsb7353b86.jpgIMG_1129_zps9ced2c43.jpgIMG_1130_zps8d73ab29.jpgIMG_1131_zps9acca9d2.jpgIMG_1132_zps06609c9b.jpgIMG_1133_zpsa1be253b.jpgIMG_1126_zps29dc4284.jpg

The frame is bent.  The glass looks good except for a couple rock dings.  It has a Ford Courier rear end in it.

The grill, door handles, and molding look pretty good.  Later engine with a 5 speed.

It's not for me, but I think he is ready to sale it.  He wouldn't say what he was hoping to get for it. 

He also told me that the original rear end from this 1960 truck is in my 1964.  Is that pretty similar to what the 1964 came with?