Oics of your alternator mods

HOGIE

I was just looking at Rock Auto and they have the 1990 D-21 alternator listed as having 70 Amp. Is there a specific year/model engine where they started using the 90 Amp. alternator?

I think the reman ones from O'Reilly's are upgraded to 90 amp is where I got that from.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are 60 or 70 amp. If you go down to Oreilly maybe the parts guy can match up a 90 amp from a different Nissan that will fit the 1990 D21.

I think the reman ones from O'Reilly's are upgraded to 90 amp is where I got that from.

I was just looking at Rock Auto and they have the 1990 D-21 alternator listed as having 70 Amp. Is there a specific year/model engine where they started using the 90 Amp. alternator?

will a bad alt.(iR) fry your starter solenoid ?

Anything is possible really, put a volt meter on the battery with the car running, rev it up and if it goes over 15volts something is wrong. If it goes to like 25 volts something is still wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

So my eclipse alternator fried. Fitted a 90 amp alternator off of a 2000 saturn sl2. 1 wire, ignition switched to excite the field, 35.5 inch belt with a Lowe's turnbuckle and I got 1/2" of space from the steering idler arm. But it was a junkyard alternator so it fried.

Now I have a squirrel on a pulley generating power. Little prick isn't running fast enough.