WORST SONG IN RECENT MEMORY?

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

one word…………  Nickleback

I can't stand Nickelback myself, but I couldn't even tell you why.

Yes, I don't like their music, but even then, there are plenty of bands I think are worse than Nickelback. The other thing I don't understand is that almost everybody you ask about it seems to hate Nickelback, but still... every time they put out an album it sells well, the tours supporting it sell out, and every mainstream rock radio station plays the shit out of every single track from it. 

Maybe that's it... familiarity breeding contempt?

I can't stand Nickelback myself, but I couldn't even tell you why.

Yes, I don't like their music, but even then, there are plenty of bands I think are worse than Nickelback. The other thing I don't understand is that almost everybody you ask about it seems to hate Nickelback, but still... every time they put out an album it sells well, the tours supporting it sell out, and every mainstream rock radio station plays the shit out of every single track from it.

Maybe that's it... familiarity breeding contempt?

Things you say often seem familiar.

Popsiclepete.jpg

You know, honestly, Nickleback isn't that bad.  Yes, a lot of their songs are recycled, there's not a whole lot of originality, but still, they're a good band, I'm not sure why they get the hate so much.

My old assistant Wyatt and I are both metalheads, he moreso than I.  Our manager at the time (I was an assistant then) was trying to fit in with us and mentioned, well, I like metal.  And we're like, what metal do you listen to Russ?  And he's like, Nickelback.  And Wyatt and I just about shit ourselves laughing.  He didn't think it was funny.  I think we had him listen to some Slayer afterward, he didn't get it.  :lol:

• Like 1

Lol.  My old counterman buddy Randy hated Stairway to Heaven and Freebird.  Said when they came out they overplayed the shit out of them on the radio, since then he couldn't stand either.  Sad really.  I like both those songs.

I'm sorry. Ted Nugent sucks.

Cat scratch fever is kinda weak but Stranglehold is an iconic metal song, the timing, percussion, and baselines were emulated for decades. I do respect your right to be wrong, but Nugent was a badass until he did that buttrock band Damn Yankees.

• Like 1

Cat scratch fever is kinda weak but Stranglehold is an iconic metal song, the timing, percussion, and baselines were emulated for decades. I do respect your right to be wrong, but Nugent was a badass until he did that buttrock band Damn Yankees.

OK good point, but I am not going to concede. He may be historically important, but so is Hitler.

• Like 3

Worst song ever...Ace of Base ''I saw the sign''. My cousin used to play that musical abortion nonstop, I wanted to wring her fuckin neck.

Close second is anything by the transvestite known as ''Lady Gaga'', I swear that thing is a dude.

My buddy and I once threatened to execute his little sister's dog if she didn't stop playing Wilson Phillips ''Hold on'', never would have hurt rover but thank christ she believed we would.

I just saw your post after I posted A.O.B, :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

ya it;s pretty fucked up and you hear it everywhere

• Like 1