Door locks

slayer

help!!

ok i had no key for my doors when i first got the truck. so i got a set of locks and a key. but when i try to lock the doors with either the key or the lock from inside nothing moves inside the door.

does any one have any photos of how the lock is suposed to work on the inside?

thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

help!!

ok i had no key for my doors when i first got the truck. so i got a set of locks and a key. but when i try to lock the doors with either the key or the lock from inside nothing moves inside the door.

does any one have any photos of how the lock is suposed to work on the inside?

thanks

Well when installing them don't forget to put the little clip/pin that holds the end of the lock on to the thing that moves up and down (to unlock/lock the door) on the inside. If that isn't on it won't move up and down. Will it lock with the door closed if you lock it from the inside?

If it won't even lock from the inside then you've got more issues. Also I don't know what your locks with key cost but you could have taken out one of the locks and got a key made for it that should have fit everything.

if you can pull the key part out, did you install the horseshoe clip on the abck side??? if not then there is part of your problem. the clip not only holds it to the door but keeps it from moving.

also were the keyslocks out of the same model truck? that might make a difference.

sorry what i was saying is if i remove the key tumblers it still will not lock.... the tumbles are out of another 78 620 just them same as mine just not KC

but if i pull that part completely out of the mix. and i still cannot lock it by hand. so i am wonding how the loc works on the inside of the door. what moves to make the latch locks. i do not want to have to pull it all out if i can make it work in the door i would perfer to do that.

ahhh...thats something different all together. it sounds like the latch is messed up. i would pull it out nad lube it. work the mechanisms and lube, work and lube. i had an issue with my Passat not wanting to lock right and i did that. now it works great. i need to pull mine out and just lube it. the lock on my drivers side doesn't like to UNLOCK.

do you still have the original igtion switch and door locks.

if so there should be some numbers on the igntion switch, if so you can take the numbers to a lock smith and if he has the right info, he should be able to make you new keys.

If you do have a number at the igntion switch and you cant find a lock smith to help you, then pm me with your number and I'll see if I can help you.

If this help you, you can take your keys set back to recover the cost for the keys, maybe more, it costed me only 12 or 15 dollars for 2 keys.

just my 1 1/4 cents worth...............................................

The day I bought my truck the drivers side lock went out (wouldn't open from the outside with a key) and the passengers side has been getting looser. I took apart the door panel and found that the lock mechanism was just spinning inside its cylinder. I just decided to order Solex locks ($60) from Drift Office in seattle as several people on the forum have recommended them. Should be here in a day or two, i'll let you know if I like them.

Also, http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=917