Mattndew76 - 1200

Mattndew76

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why scared?

There are lots of ways to fix mess ups ;)

I've never done it before.. and I've seen a lot of hacked up shit.

I know you'll make it nice. I would be afraid I couldn't get it looking like a professional did the work.

• Like 1

I ordered a SR20DET CAS Dizzy today and I am going to make an attempt at adapting this to work on the A12.

Grabbed some 6061 from work for two throttle bodies, 4 sealed bearings for a .250" butterfly shaft, and a piece of 1" 6061 round stock for making a butterfly valve fixture. 

• Like 1

I ordered a SR20DET CAS Dizzy today and I am going to make an attempt at adapting this to work on the A12.

Grabbed some 6061 from work for two throttle bodies, 4 sealed bearings for a .250" butterfly shaft, and a piece of 1" 6061 round stock for making a butterfly valve fixture. 

If it will work on an A14 I will be interested in the conversion.

yeah if I remember right all 4 cylinders have the same pattern.   4 inner slits one being bigger then the outer ring has 360 slits, one for each degree of the engine.  What are you planning on doing?  I have a ring I bought from Austrailia for my first MS build that I would sell cheap  (first MS conversion got stolen before I got a chance to install it all.)  it has 4 slits on the inner ring and one on the outer.  I think the RPM limit is around 10k engine side before it starts fucking up.  

I am going to make a port injection system, Machine individual TB's, compression box (for turbo setup) for the A12.

Megasquirt or Haltech... haven't come to s conclusion on this yet. More reading to be done for these.

Balanced stock internals. Seems they can handle +30lbs turbo compression, but 8-10lbs is my only goal.

Mild but not wild.

• Like 1

I've done this the opposite way a few times if I can be of any assistance (L20b dizzy into SR20DE and L28E dizzy into VG30E). 

I will see how well a drive gear might swap out since they are pinned on. Shafts may be differing sizes though.

Shaft sizes are very close, if not the same. I just removed the pin, swapped the gears, reinstalled the pin and tack welded the gear in place. 

Follow my (questionable) logic: SR20DE CAS and L20b dizzy have the same size shaft. The B310 dizzy and L20b dizzy have the same size shaft. Ergo, the A12 should have the same size shaft. If they don't, the B310 A14/A15 dizzy may have a bigger shaft than an A12. If so, you should be able to swipe the gear from a B310 dizzy to make it happen. 

• Like 1

Lower dizzy housing fits right into the A12 but upper housin is .010" to large on the diameter. So I'm going to lathe the housing down to a correct fit.

Yes, I probably should have mentioned this. Had to make a spacer to take up the slack when using the L20b dizzy in the SR. 

And as I'm sure you already know, the CAS is way easier to disassemble than a stock A-series dizzy.