Who's sober?

I claim dry not sober as I will not sit in AA meetings because....

I am cured of the obsession to drink...AND I AM CURED OF THE OBSESSION TO NOT DRINK!

WORSHIP A GOD CREATED BY A BUNCH OF DRUNKS?....NEVER!!!

AA works if one believes it does but I don't need it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All those little A.A. idioms are handy and helpful but...

Basically the idea which supersedes anything which I might have learned in A.A. is this;

IF I HAVE NOT ASCERTAINED BY THIS POINT THAT I HAVE ONE LIFE AND ONE LIFE ONLY,

Then I am dumb as a post, have too much, take too much for granted, and don't deserve any of it!!!!

pyramid.jpg

My girlfriend volunteers for this program Harm Reduction. It basically gives clean needles too junkies, new socks, brillo pads for crack addicts. Shit people need to reduce harm to there body. AA works for many " I guess" as well.  

• Like 1

Just totally wrote off the last of my pill head friends. Feels great! Please no PM's,  just OD soon!

:devil:

I agree, I can't say I give two shits about the alcoholic who still suffers...get sober or stay in the gutter.

See Alcoholics Anonymous is a large pyramid scheme, the people on top are the people who have the most time.

Members will tell me how it works but I now know why it works i.e. the psychic mechanics of it.

And why the "life blood of A.A is the newcomer" is this;

In the course of using drugs/ alcohol, we open up our subconscious minds where there are many thing lurking, some not so pleasant; what some might call "demons".

These "demons" cannot be put back in once they are released, they need sustenance.

The people at the top of the A.A. pyramid need the "fresh meat" of those on the bottom to feed on.

This is why in A.A. jargon "relapse is a part of recovery". Relapse can be a codependent condition maintained unconsciously.

In the group mind that is Alcoholics Anonymous relapse floats around the rooms looking for someone to land on, and it is usually the weakest ones, the ones with the least time.

There's a ton of conscious and unconscious manipulation that hangs around those rooms !

• Like 1

If it was a pyramid scheme why is it free??  To say it doesn't work at all is completely overlooking that most that are there ( by their own free will) want you to get sober.

The problem lies in the fact 80-90% of those in AA/NA  groups in there are forced to be there as a part of a punishment,, so they really aren't there to better themselves at all.. But to dismiss AA/NA  as a scam is really a injustice to those that may find spiritual guidance as a way out of the bottomless pit they have found themselves in.

Myself i did not need a religious sect telling me i was a fuck up,, as i had many friends and close family telling me already so i didn't need the backing of others as i only had to look in my 4 kids eyes to really stay on course. ... but others may not have it that way.

I added NA as some of us aren't as lucky as you  in being only "recovering" alcoholics. :sleep:

If aa works for some people then by all means. As far as family member go I would put in a solid effort for recovery, as far as old dead weight buddys that drag down my life? Fucking later! There are so many people in this world I would rather waste my energy on. Me kicking their doped up ass to the curb is part of the recovery process. This is just a specific example of one looser friend, not everyone that puts booze and pills up on the sacred podium.