Who's sober?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did, some when in my 40s. Drinking demands too much time, money or commitment to do it right. Wasted the previous 10 to 20 years before that never knowing where I was going to wake up. Work interfered with drinking so I had a string of useless go nowhere jobs and a 521 was all I could afford.

• Like 4

It's geared for the alcoholic not the people around him. It's all about forgiving yourself and moving on sober.

I agree though... phoning your ex to admit to and ask forgiveness for fucking her teenage sister is fucked up.

"Alcoholism is a disease one must cure within themselves "

That being said: Please mail your rehab, therapy, addiction counseling check to:

RatVonDude

PO Box 1321

Mac Arthur Blvd

Oakland Ca 94609

It's just easier this way

• Like 2

Haven't been drunk in years, and haven't missed it.To each his own I guess, but I don't understand how throwing up, making a fool out of oneself, having a horrible headache and feeling generally awful the next day is "having a good time?"  Can't stand to be around a drunk either, makes me want to shoot them in the face with a shotgun! And I think the acceptance of alcoholism in America is downright pathetic.  Yet smoking a damn cigarette makes me such an evil bastard! Have you ever heard of someone beating the wife or kids while smoking?  Killed anyone while smoking and driving? Let smoking ruin their life? Seen a homeless person passed out in the gutter soaked in his own urine and vomit with a pack of cigarettes in his hand? Seen someone make a fool of themselves while smoking? NOPE! And don't even get me started on why marijuana should be legal and alcohol illegal!

• Like 1
Guest Rick-rat

I quit drinking 25 years ago. Went to a retirement party for a guy I worked with last Saturday, when the beer and booze started making the place louder I had to leave. I can't stand drunks either. That's why I divorced my 1st wife, mean and nasty alcoholic.

• Like 4

I fucking hate cigarettes.  Nothing looks stupider than a cigarette or cigar hanging out of someone's mouth.  As in Meet the Fokkers, smoking is a sign of weakness.  Not to mention the obvious link to cancer and it smells like ass.  And plenty of people beat their wives while smoking, crash cars while smoking, piss themselves in the gutter while drunk and smoking and/or light themselves on fire.  

But I do agree with you alcohol should be illegal and marijuana legal.  I'd make a lot of money as a rum runner. ;)

And for the record, I'm sober.  Don't mind a beer every now and again but I actually haven't had a beer in about 2 or 3 months now.  I got a batch of Apricot Ale that made me violently sick, and I actually haven't wanted to even touch a beer since then.  Just makes me think of being sick.  Weird.  Oh well.  Definitely cheaper.

• Like 2

Some people can handle alcohol, some can't. If you're constantly throwing up and having a hang over... you're doing it wrong. If you're abusing it and it's ruining you're life... you're doing it wrong. Don't blame the vices, blame yourself.

Alcohol is less socially accepted in the US than it is in other countries.

-Robert

I am working on my 9th year 100% clean and sober!
I am now spending  my time , energy & $$ on doing Proactive & prosocial stuff like this:

http://thelittleredbedtimebook.com/Datsun_620

and LOvin' every min of it!

Next in line is my High school dream i was drinking away "69 Barracuda coupe"

I am so happy to find sober people here! :w00t:  :thumbup:

It is sad to see so many intellegent? people wasting their lives away in a bottle or other addiction.

• Like 3

I don't think I can call myself "sober" as far as booze goes. I mean, I would have a beer if I felt like it, because I really like a good beer, but the days of me poisoning my system until I am drunk are behind me. It's just not for me, the payoff is not in it. It's such a short window of time when I feel really great from a few drinks to just not feeling great at all. Besides, I'm too busy being all "hook on weed" and being a total menace to society.....from my media room.

• Like 2

Waking up with a hangover is the worst way to ruin a weekend, 

For smoking cigarettes I really like the Max Vape with Mountain Dew flavored liquid. Sounds trashy but saved me hundreds $, who knows the long term effects.

clearomizer-e-cigarette-vaporizer.jpg

Well, the price here does not really help me quit (that and not even trying to) because I can zip over the river into OR and get them at about half the price. I think I do it less around people than I do by myself, just out of a respect to those who don't want to breath it. But, if you're in my shop....I don't give a shit.

Well, the price here does not really help me quit (that and not even trying to) because I can zip over the river into OR and get them at about half the price. I think I do it less around people than I do by myself, just out of a respect to those who don't want to breath it. But, if you're in my shop....I don't give a shit.

Have you ever tried the vaporizers? It's funny cuz it works well for my friends that are HEAVY smokers and just want the nicotine. They can smoke in bed and in bars. Something about the fire and ritual to real cigs keeps me hooked. Hard to kick for me, but the vap is def help.