67 Datsun 520

Lunatik

Hi Guys

While I continue working on my other car, I decided to share some pics of my 67 Datsun... I bought the truck a while back to use it as my part hauler but since then I learned how to appreciate Datsun better, since I have been working on my 410 and for first time everything that I do to the Datsun seem to work perfectly... I am a vivid VW enthusiast but I got tired of working in the cars again and again, not bashing VWs I still have few but it is good to work on something else.

I will be turning the truck in a project soon, only working on the frame and doing a lowering job... ideas please chime in, I am indecisive if to use Airbags or static lowering.

Also I am in need of another Nikki carb, the one in the truck have some minor issues, if anyone have knowledge on where to buy one, please let me know.

20130408_182925.jpg

20130408_182937.jpg

20130408_182945.jpg

20130409_212555.jpg

20130408_182907.jpg

I hope you guys enjoy the pics...

Regards,

• Like 5
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

$2500. I found a complete rust free for $2800 but it's 10 hours away.

The more I read about it the more I'd want a 521 instead. I'm new to Datsuns and just found out it's tough finding parts for 520 and worse, there's ton of stuff needed to be welded and modified.. So discouraging.

How much you want to spend?

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Its been almost a full year since I open this thread... today I spend a little time with the truck, it was time to change tires and decided to start changing the look. I still have some more work to do in the front to match the back.

After I finish my 1200 project I will be tackling this project as well with new suspension and better engine and tranny.  

20150523_172642.jpg

20150523_172656.jpg

• Like 1

That is a clean early 520 you have. 

There are some items to be aware of before you start changing engines.

Check out my build thread link is in my signature below it might help you avoid sum of the problems I ran into with my 1966 520.