Whats the "Origin of Ratsun"

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's news to me. Yo, Ice, true or false? :confused:

Me and Thomas built the sight, well I watched Thomas, since I know very little about computers. You know what they say "watching is helping" Construction worker quote :D

• Like 1
" ...Situation that calls for the all Knowing the most brilliant of all...the one thay call....."

Suddenly, a rustling from the bushes stops them all silent.

A whisper comes from there and a voice is heard to say " you must go to the Maker of the DVD...They call him...." all eyes were upon the redeye....

and he says" What the fuck you looking at me for? The bush is talking...."

and then all of them turn back to the bush, the one that talks..and it continues...." Bonzai."

Well at that some of them laugh and say almost like a secret word or phrase.." ... CALL IT GOOD?"....laughter and a sense of relief comes across them all.

and then... and enigma.....the one they call "Bleach" appears. They all bow before him and ask" The one from the north says it shall be called RATSUN.

My Lord should it be so? At which the one they call Bleach says....

And I quote after many years and and many beers" Yeah what the hell.. if we refuse the one from the north they might send down some more or their god awful rock acts and shit do you guys really want to listen to any more Brian Adams songs.....?".....:D

Dave, can you work in a "Holy Rusted metal Batman!" ?

it just keeps running through my head reading this.

Story round the campfire is that a long time ago on a typical cold rainy Washington nite Frank was driving home and came upon a poor stranded kid on the side of the road. The fact that the kid had a Datsun & that it was raining like a cow pissin on a flat rock, Frank pulled over to help. The kid popped his head from under the hood and it was Icehouse. Frank said, "Damn you look like a drowned Rat son!" Ding! A lite came on in Jeff's head and there it was.:D

Now I want to know how Jeff came about his nickname "IceHouse":blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Now I want to know how Jeff came about his nickname "IceHouse":blink:

Icehouse was one of my favorite things back when I first signed up for NWDE back in the day. I just wanted to keep it the same for all the forums so I still use it. It really has no meaning. I do remember loading a 521 so full of empty boxes full of empty bottles it looked like a canopy :D

mail.jpg.jpg

beer1.jpg

Icehouse beer is good :D

also...Finnish Noun: ratsun

Genitive singular form of ratsu.

a horse or knight(in chess)

Heh...also in western Finland they have a local accent were D is not in use. They replace it with R. So Datsun turn to Ratsun there.

• 1 month later...
HAHAHAHAHA!!

so the word ratsun has been around for a long time.. my step dad.. his friends.. as well as some people i've worked for in the past have always refferd to datsuns as "ratsuns".. i worked at a car lot an my old boss was always givin me shit about my ratsun.. mofo kept tryin to get me to "trade it in" i was like no way fucker u just want it

hhaha i work at a shop and my boss is always telling me to roll it down a cliff, beat it with hammers, etc etc

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am going to add this thread here:

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=12128

Read through it. A Japanese guy was using the name Rat-Sunny for His Sunny at least as far back as 1995. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but He actually beat Us to it!! Interesting thread, though!!