z24 weber 32/36 gasket sealer

Hey,

so this is my first ever post so please be gentle lol. I am soon going to be swapping that god damn pain in my ass

Hitachi carburettor out for a Weber 32/36 and i was wonder what gasket sealer i should use. I've had heard people 

saying not to bother with sealer but i need reasons why not to bother if that's the case lol. 

I was looking at buying this sealant --> http://www.permatex.com/products-2/product-categories/gasketing/gasket-sealants/permatex-copper-spray-a-gasket-hi-temp-sealant-detail

Can you please tell me if this will be a good choice or not 

thanks in advance,

twisted_pathy88

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick-rat

The reason not to use any sealer is that you really don't need it if manifold is flat. Most people seem to think that if just a little is good, then a lot would be better and use way to much . If you think you really need a sealer then just use a very thin coat of silicone, (almost transparent) amount

• Like 1

If clean and the surfaces smooth just use a gasket. If bolting an adapter plate to the intake be sure to use some kind off thread locker. What happens is the studs come loose and owners over tighten and crack the adapter, (and deny it) and you then have a problematic vacuum leak.

Use a sealer and you might as well weld it on. Good luck getting it off later if you want to change anything. RTV was invented for do it yourself chevy owners.

• Like 1

You can get a little bit of gasket paper from Napa (maybe the other stores too IDK) and make a gasket. Cost you under 3 bucks.  I always run a gasket.  Always. IDC if that fucker is flat. They came with a gasket for a reason.