WTF when did datsun prices sky rocket???

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

usafdaddy

one will turn up here soon enough.

a kid will find a rust free one for 900$ then do a KA swap ripp the wire harness out and put it on side of house and you cant pick it up after awhile.

Rich was in Navy Japan

Jeff Icehouse and frankl wired it up. Nice car

The aussie appriciate there 510s more than USA owners and thats one way the price is higher down there plus No 2 doors

Jeff(icehouse on here)

what he does is wait for kids building 510s to implode then he come over and offers half and leaves his phone number and they take the abuse and sell the parts /cars/KA motors/ strut assemblies

CHEAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant even sell my yellow convert for 5k and its all done up. they all offer maybe 3500.  But in Seattle craiglist all the junk(rotten muti color primer hack jobs they want 3500. WTF.???

if you have one dont sell it. seen 8 owner 510 in 2 years

• Like 1

Jeff(icehouse on here)

what he does is wait for kids building 510s to implode then he come over and offers half and leaves his phone number and they take the abuse and sell the parts /cars/KA motors/ strut assemblies

CHEAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant even sell my yellow convert for 5k and its all done up. they all offer maybe 3500.  But in Seattle craiglist all the junk(rotten muti color primer hack jobs they want 3500. WTF.???

if you have one dont sell it. seen 8 owner 510 in 2 years

Exact concept I use at times.

I set my absolute most I'm willing to pay amount then offer 2/3 's of it. Leave behind the phone number and walk away looking for other reasonable priced items. People get soo invested in things emotionally that it skews the buying ability.

If you want good prices, you need to be patient and search harder than the next guy. You'll find one.

Gotta disagree.Here in Tucson Datsuns vanished off CL just about the time the economy went in the shitter in 08.There isn't shit for Datsuns here anymore.

Gotta disagree.Here in Tucson Datsuns vanished off CL just about the time the economy went in the shitter in 08.There isn't shit for Datsuns here anymore.

I should say, in the PNW. B)  If your anywhere else... yeah your fucked.

this is why you go to buy a care prepared go to nada guides and print out the value stated here is what a 70 510 is worth the orange one posted earlier is about 10k to high

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1970/Nissan-Datsun/510/2-Door-Sedan/Values

Untitled_zps07dc2ca6.png

when you show up with a cold hard dose of reality like that it should help bring there asking price down

I hope they bring a bucket of cash...

14046264183_b56c0bdb30_z.jpg

If anyone offered me close to those numbers, I might hand them the keys.

I have a non rusty 210 that runs….it should be worth $8,000?   :rofl:

I've seen them priced at $14k! As long as people keep paying those prices people will keep selling at those prices. An ass for every seat. I'd like another Datsun but I refuse to pay what these clowns are asking especially when it looks like it went through the crusher.

• Like 1

Are prices climbing any faster than the dollar is losing value? I'd actually say no. Seems the price is climbing while the dollar is dropping, and it's causing a false sense of pricing. Really these cars are still dirt cheap, as they were intended to be.

So I did not read all these rants about high prices,but are they getting easier to find NO. Also what about the guy who dumps a lot of time and money to make a pristine car or truck for that matter, so what now it's worth what YOU think it's worth I don't think so. Look at the older trucks there not really going up in value and there was a hay day for mini truckers not 510 days nope sorry. I think if you can't and I am sorry again for saying this because it apple to me also,but if you can't afford to play then get a KIA and don't fuck with cars. You think Datsuns are pricey you better go look at VW's they cost a mint but there worth every fuckin penny in my book.

I'm going to also say is what about parts you got something worth a lot and they want to give you shit for it, but when some ones got junk for sale he wants top dollar talk about getting it backwards.

Mrbigtanker out

I think in certain areas (like CA) Datsuns are overpriced.  But the way I see it, Datsun karma comes into play.  There are those who WANT a Datsun for the wrong reasons, they find all the expensive varieties.  Other people stumble onto good deals or spend a bit of time looking and come up with a decent price.  I could have asked $2000 for my rolling chassis, but I'm not a dumbass and I know what mine is worth.  I'm more interested in it going to a good home with someone who appreciates it. (I think I've found that someone, time will tell.)

I had some people contact me with a hard sell attitude on the 510 recently.  They didn't get called back.  I'm not looking to sell my baby even in it's basket case status to someone looking to flip a car for profit.  I'm looking for someone else to get her back running and enjoying her.  That's what I did the first three years I had her.

• Like 3

People offered me 10K ,15K, their boat, their wife. All true stories, not sure if the money or trade would have come through, but these gas station offers make you think your shit is gold. Then you post a for sale and reality sets in. I'm not really speaking from experience though. I never sell. It's not a good thing.

• Like 1