Petrol

Northern Cal regular unleaded petrol average $3.80g

How long should we expect this or will it continue to lower?

Or will it pick up again

How about the rest of the U of A averaging?

Venezuela has it less than $1

Yeah, one of the lowest around the world

Cheaper than water

For now, can afford to have a heavy foot on my DatsunSSS

69FJwagon, next time you pass me on the freeway, will stomp on the far right pedal. Watch out for the toxic fumes, stay to my left.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in BC it's about $1.32/Liter, so $6.00 an Imperial gal. or $4.99 a Yankee gallon. I put $20 in my 620 last week... first gas I've bought in the last year since I took the truck off the road to put the Z24 in it. It was $4.50 then.:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I ride my bike to work.

cheapest I saw recently was $3.59 for regular at Arco in Puyallup. Its $3.68 closer to my house from Arco. (truck only)

Z gets Chevron premium. I dont' think about what it costs. If I have to think about the cost of gas for the Z, then I'll just sell it.

I just heard this morning on the radio that oil production will be forced to slow down in order to keep gas prices from dropping any further. I doubt we will ever see gas for less than $3.00/gallon again.

$3.75 here in Bakersfield.... and we have 3 or so refineries and are major producers.

pl521sss - As I understand it, the reason prices were high was because of speculators, much like when real estate prices soared out of control. I would expect that we are close to a bottom regarding prices currently, but I could be completely wrong... probably am. The fact of the matter is that we actually are at the mercy of opec, and they do display their control as they have here recently, reeling in prices well after things got out of hand.

I loooooooove classic cars and the sound of a V8, but I will never buy another, not while they need to be fueled with petrol. If I had an kind of engineering abilities I would seriously be trying to develop alternate forms of fuel because gas will only get more and more expensive.

Slightly off topic, has anyone had any success with a low priced solar panel setup for home, low priced being below 4-6k?

I had found a website where a 4-6 solar panel was $1000.

However, I don't know enough to rate its output in electricity. I would bet that you still have to invest 10 grand to get anything usable out of that system.

[threadjack] I dont know how the power is measured on these. I need to compare it to my current useage. Last month I used 52kw a day, (2,166.6 watts/hr or 36.1 watts/min). Theres a website where you can get a 165watt pannel for like $700.00, so I was thinking four of those might do it, but maybe not. Maybe four will only power a can opener... Im so confused.[/threadjack]

did you guys read about the car fords selling and it gets 65 mpg. if not heres the story.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_37/b4099060491065.htm?chan=rss_topStories_ssi_5

Their reasoning for not selling it here is 100% bullshit. American fuel retailers have everyone in their pocket. After a $5.00/gal summer here in the US I would be willing to be 75-90% of Americans would welcome a clean diesel.

A year ago I read an article in popular mechnics about a vw turbo diesel powered car that achieved 85mpg, and polluted less than the hybrids we have available in the US. Just another example of US citizens getting humped by it's "own"

$3.75 here in Bakersfield.... and we have 3 or so refineries and are major producers.

pl521sss - As I understand it, the reason prices were high was because of speculators, much like when real estate prices soared out of control. I would expect that we are close to a bottom regarding prices currently, but I could be completely wrong... probably am. The fact of the matter is that we actually are at the mercy of opec, and they do display their control as they have here recently, reeling in prices well after things got out of hand.

I loooooooove classic cars and the sound of a V8, but I will never buy another, not while they need to be fueled with petrol. If I had an kind of engineering abilities I would seriously be trying to develop alternate forms of fuel because gas will only get more and more expensive.

Slightly off topic, has anyone had any success with a low priced solar panel setup for home, low priced being below 4-6k?

Careful on those solar panels you get on CL.

Might be stolen

Recently, somes schools here have been robbed of solar panels.

First, copper on public utilities and now solar panels.

What's next, Iron sewer cover? those are heavy metal.

Not sure if I can ever adapt to non Petrol Datto

Careful on those solar panels you get on CL.

Might be stolen

I wouldnt buy solar panels on CL, too much possibility for damage, getting cheated, or receveing stolen property. This is what I'm looking at: http://www.solarhome.org/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=108

Recently, some schools here have been robbed of solar panels.

First, copper on public utilities and now solar panels.

What's next, Iron sewer cover? those are heavy metal.

Unfortunately this type of theft isnt new at all. When I worked in broadcast radio as a technician we would often times come across out sites where some (I assume) tweaker had dug up, and cut out out tower and equipment grounds, all made of 4" wide strips of copper.

Not sure if I can ever adapt to non Petrol Datto

I can understand this. My father-in-law, a petroleum geologist, who owns and operates a small oil company, told me that just about no other combustable fuel out there has the potential energy that petroleum has. It does pack a punch. But considering so little research is invested in other options, with a little more work I think new technologies will be much more attractive than current options.

And keep in mind, petroleum is a finite resource. Almost all experts in the field will agree that we are on the downward side of the curve in regards to oil production. World consumption is up. Even with new drilling (which, without getting into political debates, I support) oil supplies will continue to lessen, and when products lessen in supply, prices go up. My desire to see other energy options is purely to keep more of my hard earned money.

where you been? arent they doin this in the city?

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=manhole+covers+stolen&ie=UTF-8

Tells you how much I know about what's going on

Try to keep myself informed as much as possible with current news

But my kids takes control of the TV and don't read the newspaper.

It is probably old news, there isn't much out there that has not been stolen yet but thieves.