ka advice

BEEBANI

I'm wondering if I should run a O2 sensor on my ka or if it will make a difference? I don't have one for it, and have built my own header for it in which I didn't plan on running one. My dad seems to think it won't run right without it.:confused:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding of the o2 is that the computer is basing everything off of the exhaust o2. without it it should run, but only in like limp mode or open loop. Never run correct and enter closed loop in the computer.

Do you have the sensor? it is easy enough to weld in. I might have one if you dont have it.

Jason

I will unplug mine and tell you how it runs, shit its only a one wire I doubt it will make a difference, the heated or 3+ wires actually do something.

My understanding of the o2 is that the computer is basing everything off of the exhaust o2. without it it should run, but only in like limp mode or open loop. Never run correct and enter closed loop in the computer.

Do you have the sensor? it is easy enough to weld in. I might have one if you dont have it.

Jason

This man is correct, without the O2 sensor the computer cant adjust the mixture, because it knows nothing about the composition of the exaust gasses.

I will unplug mine and tell you how it runs, shit its only a one wire I doubt it will make a difference, the heated or 3+ wires actually do something.

it might run just the same for a while after you unplug it, Im pretty sure it uses, hundreds or thousands of cycles of data on which it bases its decisions regarding mixture and that..

my Z ran rich and lost about 5mpg without the one-wire O2 sensor plugged in. (non-turbo)

The turbo car I can't even tell. It always runs rich and always gets the same gas milage, but not as bad as the NA with no O2 sensor. :)

Who wants to kick me down a sensor? I wanted to solve this before I put the header back in the truck. Motor's back out now to receive a little paint love and to do the bell swap.

Anybody know what thread the sensor is, I can get a bung welded in. How far down my pipe should I put it?

Who wants to kick me down a sensor? I wanted to solve this before I put the header back in the truck. Motor's back out now to receive a little paint love and to do the bell swap.

Anybody know what thread the sensor is, I can get a bung welded in. How far down my pipe should I put it?

As close to the manifold as possible to keep it hot. You could drill and tap the manifold as long as it's at, or just down from the collector so that it samples all the cylinders. The only other concern is that it is accessible.

Actually, $19.21 at NAPA and $10.00 for the bung. Got it, and I'll put it in. I was expecting the $60-120 part like my '97 uses!

Gotta love the one wires, cheap! :D

sparkplug thread pitch on ka's is m14 and dont bother with buying the bung if you already have a stock manifold just un screw it out of there. I have yet to come across one that wouldnt come out. You just need a decent size crescent and a hammer. peace.