Revival of the Chickenhawk...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually came here to say that in a monumental case of "Cart-Before-Horse" I bought a Monza tip for the zorst.  With the not-a-MIG MIG welder in hand, I'm going to revive the "dual exhaust tips through the center of the T'ain't panel" idea.

Chipping off the tar...

20150207_094240.jpg

Stitch welding in the new panel...

20150207_111647.jpg

Welding done, still need to grind down the weld and coat the floor in something to seal it...

20150207_130550.jpg

Chiseling off what was left of the floor on this side...

20150207_130356.jpg

20150207_130345.jpg

Got the outer left side piece prepped to go in, but ran out of time. We'll get it welded in next week, and put in the inner left side piece too...   :thumbup:

• Like 3

Well, I'm officially old and out of shape.  After all that bending, stooping, and squatting to weld in that panel, both of my butt-cheeks are so sore that I can barely walk today.  I'm not looking forward to climbing the fifty stairs to my office tomorrow either.

• Like 1

Well, I'm officially old and out of shape.  After all that bending, stooping, and squatting to weld in that panel, both of my butt-cheeks are so sore that I can barely walk today.  I'm not looking forward to climbing the fifty stairs to my office tomorrow either.

Don't feel sorry for you, just wait til you are my age!  Went to the Tri-State swap meet yesterday, and after 4 hours of looking at cool cars and parts that I couldn't afford, I went home hardly able to walk, and only found a dvd of Vanishing Point to buy. :baby: :(

• Like 2

I've always liked the "Stair Step" B-210 lights but was afeared to suggest them as an option.  It wasn't until John "reminded" (I still say he never told me about them in the first place) me that we had a set that I decided to give them a try.  I was surprised at "how well" they  "fit."  I'm still cipherin' and figgerin' on the 280s in the grille.  On the bench they look good, on the car the fact that they aren't centered top to bottom... bugs me?