Revival of the Chickenhawk...

Love the under hood tool box. :thumbup:

I would think that is to keep the British vibe, gotta have tools everywhere you go, or a tow truck handy. :rofl:

It's been a very reliable car (considering we built it  :rofl: ), but he's always kept tools in it just in case. Unlike a lot of other trailer queen 7s, he drives the shit out of it.  :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's sexy... Not Tomei or ally sexy, but sexy none the less. This one would look great on that 7

$_57.JPG

I'd probably give my left nurt for one of those on the Seven!  

Ok, there's no "probably" about it!

It's been a very reliable car (considering we built it  :rofl: ), but he's always kept tools in it just in case. Unlike a lot of other trailer queen 7s, he drives the shit out of it.  :thumbup:

Yes, very little shit left in that one!

• Like 2

$500 is not $300 :-(

You're paying the BProjects tax on that one...    ^_^

Did Morris Minor World go out of business?

I don't think so, but last time I emailed them they said they were out of stock and weren't sure if they'd ever make any more. 

I've seen another dealer that has them in cast for $240 and polished for $300. I'll see if I can find the link...

• Like 2

What about the breather? Can one get away with the block breather alone?

I was going to drill and tap the back side for a vent fitting.

Seen it done with and without, but most of the "without" cars are for racing purposes only.   B)

And if you don't plan to run a proper PCV system, then yes the block breather is "sufficient". 

You're paying the BProjects tax on that one...    ^_^

I don't think so, but last time I emailed them they said they were out of stock and weren't sure if they'd ever make any more. 

I've seen another dealer that has them in cast for $240 and polished for $300. I'll see if I can find the link...

$300 is much better than $550 for the BP one, but still pricey for what it is. If I decide to keep my A14 then I would concider the $300 if they are available.

• 1 month later...

Just in case anyone is still checking this thread but me, I have ordered a few more parts for this project.  To get over the "Free Shipping" threshold on my Summit order for Lil' Wiggly (a 302 V8 B-210 project seen here http://community.ratsun.net/topic/44053-my-friend-tims-77-hatchback/ ), I added an O-ring for the fuel cell cap and an electric fan mounting kit.  Hey, on a project which is so far on the back burner that it isn't even in the kitchen yet, that's PROGRESS!

• Like 4
  • 2 months later...

Ruminating on wheels and wishing we still had the 14" Libres the car used to sport. There's always the VTO replicas, but they are a tad on the spendy side and not a very good offset...

We have a clean set of 14" Western Turbines so after a quick and dirty photochop...

mockup.jpg

I need 8 Center Caps for Western Turbines. If you come across the Mother Lode, let me know. Western Turbines "Or Cyclones" look really good on 1200's.

DSCN1362_zps62362329.jpg

DSCN1724_zps8689b498.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tim came up with what I think is an awesome idea for this build last week. We are going to shoot a time lapse video of everything we do to the car so when it's done you can watch the whole thing happen in 8-10 minutes.  :thumbup:

Got there early today to test it out during sunrise. It was a little cloudy today so I may redo it for the beginning of the video. 

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had an epiphany the other day.  In thirteen months I will be fifty.  I need to get my shit together and revive this car.  After the Scooby Doo (http://community.ratsun.net/topic/64296-1980-subaru-glf-5/) is going, I think I am going to tuck in to this car in earnest.

• 3 weeks later...