Revival of the Chickenhawk...

And it's much easier to turbocharge.   :cool:

^ you called it dead on with that one. I've been looking at the Z series or SOHC KA to use the turbo from my old civic build, and the Z seems like a better choice for such a small snail (built for a 1.6L)

You guys read my mind, it's scary :devil:

EDIT: I've even thought about going with the Mazda B6 engine (1.6L) but that seems like too much wiring and headache :P

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've even thought about going with the Mazda B6 engine (1.6L) but that seems like too much wiring and headache :P

The Z20E/Z22E wiring is pretty simple. There's only 7 wires to connect to the car. Might also research Z18ET if you haven't already. Destroked turbo version of that engine sold in other markets. 

• Like 1

That Z18ET looks very interesting! Thanks for the info on it.

Sadly that engine seems pretty rare. I can't even find a lead through the JDM importers I've used before, but they are mostly Honda guys :poop:

Can't wait to see more progress on the builds. It looks like Tim will be on the road before you get your 1200 out of the garage :poke:

"A hint of things to come..."

Your car will be held together with zip ties?

Zip ties are THE greatest technological innovation we reverse engineered from the Roswell UFO crash!  

But you didn't hear that from ME!

• Like 4

Is that one from Peter Zekert, or your own design? Looking at one like that myself.

I think all of Peter's stuff is for A-series? 

And not our design, it was originally sold through Datsun Competition/Nissan Motorsports.  It's from the late 70s/early 80s. They were used on the A10 race cars with L-series engines. 

• Like 2

Yeah I don't know when fiesta is but I'm sure I'll be back in wa by then

Oh, I assumed that was why you were coming to Texas.  Well, never mind then.  That'll save me from having to remove the fur from my handcuffs... I mean BUY some handcuffs!  I don't have any furry handcuffs!  Whatever gave you that idea?

• Like 2

Oh, I assumed that was why you were coming to Texas. Well, never mind then. That'll save me from having to remove the fur from my handcuffs... I mean BUY some handcuffs! I don't have any furry handcuffs! Whatever gave you that idea?

family visit and a friend graduated basic. I'll be gone in two days, I don't think I want to take the rain back home with me though, you can keep it
  • Like 1