Charlie69

J13 Engine after market parts and all other 520 521 cross over parts with MG also

Try typing what you want into Google and then put Ratsun at the end. If you know the title even better.

• Like 2

I fixed all the broken pictures in my posts.

• Like 1

So I got the Pierce Manifolds 32/36 DGEV Weber conversion kit and I had a quick, newbie question about the intake.

There's a threaded hole on the intake manifold and I'm wondering what its for? First thought was for a bung for vacuum or something. I checked out the stock 520 intake manifold and theres a similar hole, but it just has a nut screwed into it. Any ideas? Letting my true new jack flag fly, go easy on me lol.

mwooR78.jpg

• Like 1

It's a vacuum hole if you need it for something (power brakes, PCV, etc). Otherwise, it's a hole that needs plugging.

• Like 3

Fixed my pictures in this post again.

It's a vacuum hole if you need it for something (power brakes, PCV, etc). Otherwise, it's a hole that needs plugging.

or for fitting so you can check your vacuum when tuning carb
  • Like 1

Anyone know a good replacement/upgraded brake master cylinder? Looking to get a dual reservoir but open to options.

• Like 1

Anyone know a good replacement/upgraded brake master cylinder? Looking to get a dual reservoir but open to options.

I don't know what kind of pedal performance you'd have with it on drum/drum, but I'm using 1978ish dual from a 280 for my disc/drum setup (see link to his stuff in first post).

• Like 2

I don't know what kind of pedal performance you'd have with it on drum/drum, but I'm using 1978ish dual from a 280 for my disc/drum setup (see link to his stuff in first post).

Thanks! The link didn't go anywhere though, just looped back to this forum. Charlie you got the link?

• Like 1

Thanks! The link didn't go anywhere though, just looped back to this forum. Charlie you got the link?

Here's Mike's website http://www.bluehandsinc.com

• Like 1

If you are staying without a booster then you will need to take he shaft that connects to the brake pedal off of your original master cilynder and install it in a later model brake master cylinder from say a 620. 

Myself I used a 620 Pedestal, an 81 310 power booster, a 1980 720 master cylinder with a custom made shaft by Mike Klotz.  Remember my 520 is an automatic trans so no clutch pedal.

This is with a 280ZX master cylinder

DSC01192.jpg

DSC02191.jpg

81DatsunB310BrakePowerBooster4.jpg

81DatsunB310BrakePowerBooster1.jpg

Mike Klotz graciously made this in a much simpler form than my drawing!  Mike is a wizard when it comes to simplifying parts manufacture!

BrakePushRod.jpg

MikeKlotz310brakepushrodextension.jpg

Fit like a glove the first time!  Mike nailed it!

Hey, @Charlie69. I think you lucked out going automatic... because the master and clutch cylinders are way too close to get a booster on the master without a complete rethink of the mounting. They both mount to the firewall maybe 2-3" apart :(

• Like 1

You are corect sir, and I mounted my master in the clutch hole to give myself more room between the brake and the gas.  In my 521 I always had problems when I was braking my 6E foot was also hitting the gas.