Warning do not buy from user Alegria! Got screwed on an Optima

I just checked, indeed, my cost is more than $140.  If you were up here Ranman, I could probably cut you a decent deal for a N99D34MBLUE for somewhere around $200 or $195, somewhere in there.  There's not a lot of room to move on batteries.  Another interesting fact for you to know is Optima batteries are made by Johnson Controls Incorporated.  (They have a plant in Canby as a matter of fact.)  HOWEVER, the part number varies depending on who they're made for.  For instance, all Optimas built for NAPA are going to have an "N" before the part number.  That's how we can tell it's bullshit if a guy brings in an Optima for warranty and it doesn't have an N.  I'm not sure of the designation for other parts houses, but that is a simple way to do a basic tracking for where the battery originally was sold.

Also, as you probably know, volts don't mean shit on a battery.  Amps do.  Before buying any used battery, use a machine to load test it and see if it actually has any power left.

so if the battery was good it was a good price as the prices I found were in the 200 range on line 

thanks for the offer on the battery but the one I got is good Dguy might be interested I will let him know 

yes agreed on the volts but 10.8 and dropping means piece of shit from the get go 12.5 and you have a better chance 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we do not know which battery was his or mine only that one of them was good and one was bad when we got home

So then what your saying Randy is that you ripped off Dguy.  :w00t:  :rofl:   JK Bro I'm just being a dick.

maybe we should call you Dickrod   LOL :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

• 3 months later...

I always try to pay at least double for everything if at all possible.

Well I always try to buy what I know has some sort of guarantee. Think about what you just posted by the time he got done screwing around with a so called bad battery and had to buy another one, what did it cost him in the end result.

I took some time and thought about what I just posted. I said I try to pay at least double for my stuff. Please point out to the class where the word battery, what he paid for it or what he ended up paying was in that sentence. PERHAPS...it was meant to indicate that he ended up paying double for the battery. Now...think about what you posted.