Warning do not buy from user Alegria! Got screwed on an Optima

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a little jasco going on that beautiful blue paint job on the truck if this guy fucks over anyone else.

I would hate to see that happen actually. I view it like destroying a piece of artwork of someone you don’t like, while the artwork may reflect their tastes it is still independent of the person’s personality. Destroying something beautiful to get revenge does not sit well with me.

• Like 5

English may be his second language. Go easy.

Bingo!!!

Like I said before I know Salvador. He is a good guy. But he might not know how to deal with this situation. And yes English is his second language. So please don't beat him up to bad. I would be willing to bet half of you guys can't type in Spanish. So give him a break.

D210 I don't know you and don't want to offend you, But you layed out $140.00 with no receipt or warranty. That sucks for you. But you really don't have a leg to stand on. You can bash him here, and not buy from him again, But in the end your out $140.00. Sorry for your loss... 

And some of you that want to de face his truck. Give me a fuckin break!!!!

• Like 5

Bingo!!!

Like I said before I know Salvador. He is a good guy. But he might not know how to deal with this situation. And yes English is his second language. So please don't beat him up to bad. I would be willing to bet half of you guys can't type in Spanish. So give him a break.

D210 I don't know you and don't want to offend you, Buy you layed out $140.00 with no receipt or warranty. That sucks for you. But you really don't have a leg to stand on. You can bash him here, and not buy from him again, But in the end your out $140.00. Sorry for your loss... 

Maybe you should offer some advice to Salvador in dealing with the situation.

• Like 2

Maybe you should offer some advice to Salvador in dealing with the situation.

I just might do that next time I see him. But like I said.

you layed out $140.00 with no receipt or warranty.

I see what you're saying, but there must have been the implication that the battery was good.  Then the buyer finds out the battery is not good and the seller essentially says tough luck.  That's really not any different from selling a known piece of garbage while saying, "Works perfect, sold as-is", and falling back on the "as-is" clause when the buyer complains that it doesn't work.  Shady, dishonest, a scam...

• Like 1

All I'm saying is with my experence with optima batteries I wouldn't be suprised if it was bad from the get go.

And I'm not defending Salvador..All I'm saying is I would never buy a battery from someone at a swap meet.

If you bought from a store for there's a warranty isn't there? Isn't there a serial number on it or something a store can identify it from, if being returned?

So when you buy a battery from someone for $140, didn't you get some kind of warranty with it? How does it work when you have a problem with it?

Again was the thought of saving $50 the reason you haven't got a warranty of some kind??? Where did the seller get these batteries?? Did he get a volume discount to be able to sell them for less??? .... all questions to consider when buying something or something at a reduced price.

Bingo!!!

D210 I don't know you and don't want to offend you, But you layed out $140.00 with no receipt or warranty. That sucks for you. But you really don't have a leg to stand on. You can bash him here, and not buy from him again, But in the end your out $140.00. Sorry for your loss... 

I would say there is an expectation that when the item is 1) new 2) close to the standard price 3) stated as "good" (see his original ad linked above) that the item works. 

If it was sold "as is" or for much much less then from a store, yeah the it would be a completely different issue.

But let me restate 1) the seller explicitly stated he would replace it, 2) called me a liar and said I was trying to screw him when I did return it. 

Please also note the name calling posted by Alegria earlier in this thread "...is a dom [dumb] player".  There have also been several pms of this nature.

Is this someone you would want to do business with? At the very least he did not keep his word.

I realize that this thread will not return my money, that is not the point. The point is to shine a light on the this seller's attitude and method of doing business. One of the reasons Ratsun exists is to help Datsun owners, I would say highlighting those NOT to do business with is a key part of this site's whole reason to exist.

• Like 5

http://community.rat...e-2?do=findComment&comment=954583 this was posted in July. His next post (a quote only) was September 30th. His last three posts were in this thread. So not counting this thread, that's two posts in 7 months.

I know you are pissed off, I would be too but need to know...

How did you vet this seller?

If you expected brand new then why did you not get a warranty?  Surely instead, you must have expected new-ish or nearly new or maybe newly bought and never used? Did you think this was bought 'brand new' just last week from the Optima dealer and sold to you for a loss? Every body has a different definition for new.

Here's another question to think of:

Why is someone selling Optima batteries at a swap meet who isn't a distributor?  Why would they have more than one?  A local place sells factory blems for $60 (usually they remove the stickers) so you can see where I'm going with this thought.

The other thought is guy got a good deal on buying a bunch of batteries and plans to resell them.  Not unheard of.  In my parts experience however, he's not going to get that deal unless they're factory blems or they fell off the back of a truck.  A blue top Optima is expensive regardless.  I know my cost at NAPA is more than likely close to the $140.  My point with this is he's either making a boatload off selling factory blems, or he got a good deal (for him) and isn't making shit.  Say I cut him a break and sell him three optimas at $120, he resells for $140.  That's hardly worth the time and effort.

As for buying batteries at a swap meet, yeah, not the best idea.  I sold my buddy Regy my battery out of my truck when he needed one in a bad way, but it was a year old battery with no issues and it sure wasn't $140.

when I looked up the prices on these batteries they were going at prices around 200 plus so I thought 140 was a good deal for a (new duel purpose optima

posting this is not going to bring back the money it also will almost guarantee the battery will not be replaced 

Dguy and myself have decided to bring light to the way this purchase was handled from the start when I am beck home from work I will post all of the PM,s I still have from algeria 

I feel salvador is a nice guy and might have sold a battery that he was told was new and it wasn't

BUT THIS THREAD IS POSTED BECAUSE HE IS ACCUSING US OF TRYING TO RIP HIM OFF  WITH A DIFFERENT BATTERY 

THIS BATTERY HAS BEEN IN MY POSSESSION SINCE WE DISCOVERED IT WAS BAD AND IS WITHOUT QUESTION THE SAME BATTERY THAT WE BOUGHT FROM SALVADOR

Salvador was nice the whole time he was telling me this wasn't the battery he sold me  

datrod if you know him you might want to talk to him about this 

neither myself or dguy are theifs or trying to get one over on Salvador   we simply bought the said new batteries from him 

one was good and one was bad 

guess we made a bad decision trying to save a little money from a fellow ratsoner 

the whole point of this post is to make sure people know if you buy a battery from this person be aware of our experience with our purchase

when I die and go to heaven or hell and my life flashes before me I will lay at rest knowing I did nothing wrong and didnt try to cheat anyone

we dont want vandalism to anyone's vehicles  as karma takes care of that shit on its own

Lesson learned dont buy batteries at swap meets  

DID I MISS SOMETHING IN HIS POST ABOUT NEW BATTERIES

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/56012-eagle-rock-datsun-nippon-swap-meet-and-car-show-21st-july-2013/page-2?do=findComment&comment=954583

i have some battery's optima blue top marine dual purpose good for datsun those are brand new no damage no cracks 140 a piece i got 5 of them if anybody let me know 909 856 0343  

• Like 1

It's good to know that Optima aren't good anymore....when I had the extra $$ I was going to get a red top like I had years ago in my 76' Bronco. I'm thinking that if he got them legitimately, then he should have a receipt as well and could take it back and get you a new "good" one.

It's good to know that Optima aren't good anymore....when I had the extra $$ I was going to get a red top like I had years ago in my 76' Bronco. I'm thinking that if he got them legitimately, then he should have a receipt as well and could take it back and get you a new "good" one.

Yup.  Check out the Super Start AGM.

• Like 1

Randy, I only see him once a month, At our Inland Valley meet. I will definitely bring this up when I see him.

And like I said I'm not holding up for the guy. And I know your a stand up guy and not trying to rip him off.

when I looked up the prices on these batteries they were going at prices around 200 plus so I thought 140 was a good deal for a (new duel purpose optima

posting this is not going to bring back the money it also will almost guarantee the battery will not be replaced 

Dguy and myself have decided to bring light to the way this purchase was handled from the start when I am beck home from work I will post all of the PM,s I still have from algeria 

I feel salvador is a nice guy and might have sold a battery that he was told was new and it wasn't

BUT THIS THREAD IS POSTED BECAUSE HE IS ACCUSING US OF TRYING TO RIP HIM OFF  WITH A DIFFERENT BATTERY 

THIS BATTERY HAS BEEN IN MY POSSESSION SINCE WE DISCOVERED IT WAS BAD AND IS WITHOUT QUESTION THE SAME BATTERY THAT WE BOUGHT FROM SALVADOR

Salvador was nice the whole time he was telling me this wasn't the battery he sold me  

neither myself or dguy are theifs or trying to get one over on Salvador   we simply bought the said new batteries from him 

one was good and one was bad 

guess we made a bad decision trying to save a little money from a fellow ratsoner 

the whole point of this post is to make sure people know if you buy a battery from this person be aware of our experience with our purchase

when I die and go to heaven or hell and my life flashes before me I will lay at rest knowing I did nothing wrong and didnt try to cheat anyone

we dont want vandalism to anyone's vehicles  as karma takes care of that shit on its own

Lesson learned dont buy batteries at swap meets  

DID I MISS SOMETHING IN HIS POST ABOUT NEW BATTERIES

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/56012-eagle-rock-datsun-nippon-swap-meet-and-car-show-21st-july-2013/page-2?do=findComment&comment=954583

i have some battery's optima blue top marine dual purpose good for datsun those are brand new no damage no cracks 140 a piece i got 5 of them if anybody let me know 909 856 0343  

This is sad it doesn't have a happy ending.

"those are brand new no damage no cracks" odd to put no damage no cracks if they are brand new. As I said, new or even brand new has a different meaning to everybody. Perhaps the seller can say where and when he got them?

I fail to see how a receipt would help AT ALL in this situation. Based on what I've read sounds to me, that he would dispute the claim even if one had been given.

100% agree that fucking with the dudes car is childish & will resolve nothing.

But you layed out $140.00 with no receipt or warranty. That sucks for you. But you really don't have a leg to stand on. You can bash him here, and not buy from him again, But in the end your out $140.00. Sorry for your loss... 

Well as most people know me on this site and never fucked any one before,i know Salvador like Datrod at the meet we go to when I go and he does not seem like a rip you off kind of guy,He helps people out and seems to be all around a nice guy,with that said i hope he did not have intentions to screw anyone here and I hope this can be resolved,Salvador if you read this make sure he is not trying to screw you with another so called battery and make good if this is the case, I hate seeing this because i have to admit,everyone that knows me will tell you i hate dealing with people in this market,It is a small community and if you screw some one over you will get had.I have some one on this site that owe's me money right now for something they wanted,I gave it to this person for free 2 months ago and told him pay for shipping and guess what nothing.My fault for sending it first with out even getting paid for the shipping now i am out 15.00,no big deal but it is the principles on doing things like that here.

In the end i hope this works out for the both of you.

• Like 1

I do not feel Salvador had mal intentions or was purposely trying to screw anyone 

however I did feel screwed when he said it was not the battery he sold when I know for a fact it was 

It traveled back from eagle rock the first time when we bought it and back to la 2 more times to try to exchange it it would have been safer in a car mounted and being used 

the money is gone cant do anything about that 

here are the pm,s I promised 

alegria

·        

·         Members

·        

·        

o    N/A Positive Feedback

o    0 0 0

·         45 posts

·         Cars:66 520 datt vocho64

Sent 17 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

dont try to play stupid like you are a dumb i mark laser numbers on top an go an have a nice day some other place 

Ranman72

Datsun Mechanic

·        

·        

·        

o    0 0 0

·         2,982 posts

·         0 warning points

·         Cars:68 datsun 510 2 door / 69 Datsun Roadster / 04 nissan maxima / 08 f350 / 73 datsun 1200 coupe

Sent 18 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

sorry you feel this way this is the battery you sold me I am a very honest person and have dealt with many people in the datsun community 

I have been corresponding with you since a couple days after the swap that I bought it at this battery had 10.5 volts when I got it home 

I have come to realize I have flushed 140 dollars down the toilet 

and I have no problem letting other people know how you do not stand behind what you sell 

I am sorry this transaction has ended this way but I know where not to spend my money now 

and I will have a nice day as I stand behind what I sell  YOU CAN ASK ANYONE IF I HAVE EVER SCREWED THEM 

·         Edit

·         Delete

alegria

·        

·         Members

·        

·        

o    0 0 0

·         45 posts

Sent 18 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

why are you being a cry baby about it if its your friends not yours or is it a battery that you found in the trash can i dont care if you are honest with the people in your comunity i want you to be honest with me

Ranman72

Datsun Mechanic

·        

·        

·        

o    0 0 0

·         2,982 posts

·         Cars:68 datsun 510 2 door / 69 Datsun Roadster / 04 nissan maxima / 08 f350 / 73 datsun 1200 coupe

Sent 18 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

I bought a battery and my friend bought a battery both from YOU one of them was bad we put them both in my truck because he rode with me to the swap 

one of them was bad mine or his we dont know 

I needed mine right away so he said you take the good one so I did and it is working great but one of us got FUCKED and its my friend, for all I know it was the one I bought and not the one he bought 

I am the kind of guy that when I have some extra money I will refund your fuck up because I sent him to you to get the battery from you 

·         Edit

·         Delete

alegria

·        

·         Members

·        

·        

o    0 0 0

·         45 posts

Sent 19 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

let do this history short the batery yuo bring is not the one i sale to you or the oter person i see the dip numbers on top, the baterys   haved any one have dip number so that means the one you haved is buy at any autoparts long time ago because loks old an used for long time, an you try to convensme is the one i sale an  is not because i dont born yesterday an i don suck my finger any more an thas how you try to get free batery thas no go to  hapen  whit me .. an i donot go to do busines whit you any more end of history...

Ranman72

Datsun Mechanic

·        

·        

·        

o    0 0 0

·         2,982 posts

Sent 19 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

sorry you feel this way 

I dont think you know the numbers or whatever you put on the batteries because this one came from you 

·         Edit

·         Delete

·         Archive Conversation

Fast Reply

Top of Form

bueno aqui estoy parece que no me puedo expresar en el idima lo siento pero si alguien puede tradusirlo se lo agradesco,en efecto yo vendi dos baterias ,nueva por supuesto de donde las saque no importa y he vendido mas tengo tres veiculos con la misma vateria problemas ninguno no necesitio vender nada gano bien en mi trabaja pero estas piezas las pudo cosegir a precio y decidi vender alguna

y todo el timpo les doy la cara a cualquiera pero aveses no tengo su timpo yo le dije a esta person que yo se la cmbio sin ningun problema siempre y cunado sea la parte que yo vendi fui a cambiarla a eagle rock sorpresa que me lleve la bateria que me trajo es una bateria bieja y usada nada que ver con las que vendi y se lo pudo demostrar con las que tengo pus son las misma la bateria y yo no creo que en unos cuantos meses se deforme asi tengan grasa y oxido portodos lados ,la que el trajo esta estampada con numeros en la parte de arriba y las que yo tengo tienen numeros con laser o sellos que si lo limpis con gasolina se borran a mi ver este cuate quiere que le cambi su bateria vieja por una nueva no me es posible porque es modelo ya viejo y yo las respaldo y una ves mas sies la parte que yo vendi se la cmbio y tengo alguna mas por si alguien quiere por hai esta mi numero lo siento no envio tiene que rrecojerla en mi casa y la checamos .. que tengan buen fin garcias...