HELP fitting After market wheels on my 1980 210

hey fellas still learning how to navigate around here got some advice on where to go to post certain topics and i hope i can get help here. im looking to put some wheels on my project being that i have access to some discounte wheels from buddy but not sure what i can put on ride . my stock wheels are i believe 13" with a +30 mm offset on my 210 . the wheels in question are 15" 8.5 in the front with options of -6,or +15mm and the options on the rear are 9.5wide with option of 0, or +15mm any help would be cool and much appreciated i see the site is very active i hope someone out there knows what i could use. i have looked on various sites regarding offset and dimensions but still not sure on exactly what to get without doing too much alterations. thanks guys

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lay your stock wheel face down and place a flat edge across the rim edge. Measure down to the wheel mounting surface. With this measurement and knowing the rim width you can work out the off set pretty close. And it had better be with close with a 8.5" or 9" wide rims. You don't want the tires sticking out from under the fenders or they will rub when the bidy comes down on bumps. Why not 14" X 6" rims?  

whell i actually would do 14" but a friend of mine has 15" he doesnt want and told me he would give me a deal so i think ill go to his place and just try to see how they fit...i think i kinda get that if is +offset they stand out and if they are - they tuck in from what i have been reading here and there and if its + offset usually it applys to FWD cars so im thinking i could do the 0 offset in the rear i have that much figured out i could always get the fenders rolled or what not but what i need to figure out is the front ... but thanks for that insight i will do that later today see what i measure datz i reallly appreciate your help... im also looking into transmission work , rust and suspension which is a whole other beast to tackle , but these wheels were offered and figured i would ask here to see what advice you guys had a friend put me on to this site very helpful.