Phlebmaster

Weber Tuning Guide

What book is this out of??

I am running a little rich and need to spend money...

im rebuilding a 38 weber. and have a 88 nissan hardbody. used to have a throttle body. i have swaped the fuel pump with a 2 to 4 psi. not sure of volume. new plugs and wires. cap rotor everyting new. my question is is there any specific jetting sizes for a 2.4 z24 motor? if there is i would love to get it right the first time. instead of keep changing them out. nothing special about the motor other then exhaust. running ngk r plugs.

Hi Ratsuns,

Thank you so much for this thread, I installed a new weber on my 74 datsun 620 but It would not idle and stalled when I release the gas pedal. After reading this thread, I reinstalled tight with thread lock gel and plugged all vacuum leaks and now my truck runs smooth. I had to shave about 3/16 off the adapter plate in order for the weber to sit well on the intake manifold. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Another ratsun back on the roads because of this thread.

When I put a 32/36 Weber DGEV or DGAV (I forget which is which, has to do with the choke) on my '86 Dodge Colt Vista, a top local Formula Ford racer/builder told me that the brass float was considered more desirable, but if you can only get a foam float, add a little weight to it.  The Weber that went on my Vista had a brass float, but this guy weighted the foam float on a second one of these carbs that I had  .  .  .  the one that will soon be going on my '81 720, ha ha!!  Probably this is totally unnecessary on a street vehicle, but I thought it might be an interesting bit of trivia for Weber fans.

Foam will never leak, fill with gas and sink. As the fuel level is the important thing, brass, foam or wood what's the difference? Why the added weight?