datson4life got another 521, Oh boy!

datson4life

I know these posts are a bit old but I'm super impressed with the work your doing. I have a 69 521 i plan on building. I want to do a KA swap, is the 521 like the 510 where you have to flip or change out the crossmember? Just a novice question. Thanks in advance

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know these posts are a bit old but I'm super impressed with the work your doing. I have a 69 521 i plan on building. I want to do a KA swap, is the 521 like the 510 where you have to flip or change out the crossmember? Just a novice question. Thanks in advance

The 510 and 521 are totally different, the 510 front suspension is struts, while the 521 has torsion bars.

The cross member that holds the transmission mount bracket is permanent, the bracket is modified when going from one type of transmission to another.

• Like 2

Thank u sir, and that is the stock factory paint, i didnt paint it

cant believe that is the stock paint, mine is getting a nice patina to it. i need to get some rust and dings out and paint it, need to get it running first, should be running after this weekend. 

• Like 1

Welp, dude is picking up this truck in the morning, i am hoping he hits me with a lowball offer, tho we already agreed on a price, so i can act mad, kick him out, shoot up in the air and keep it a little longer.

In other words i hope this truck falls into the right hands like the orange one did

• Like 2

Welp, went down to Mexico for all the bushings and links, and got sick before entering Mexico and came back empty handed, but talked to a few people and all those parts are available there, by moog, see u guys at eagle rock, ill try to make that, and spread my virus there.....jk, been laying for a couple days, im about thru it

• Like 2
  • 3 years later...