What are you listening to???

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been going old school today, back to my childhood of the 70's and 80's. The local "oldies?" station has been doing a marathon of Casey Kasem to commemorate his life in radio. WAY different stuff than the classic rock, alternative, and metal I usually listen to.

5163377.jpg

"This past weekend, we lost America's DJ, Casey Kasem, host of the Original American Top 40 shows.

Please join us starting at 6 p.m. Friday, to hear Casey’s daughter and son, Kerri and Mike Kasem,with a 2-hour special Tribute to the King of the Countdown. Together, they count down the highlights of Casey’s life while reminiscing about growing up with their dad. They’ll cover the launch of AT40, the popularity of the Long Distance Dedication, Casey’s activism, and his career as the voice of Shaggy on Scooby-Doo. You'll only hear this special this weekend and rebroadcast Saturday Morning at 10 and for the final time Sunday evening at 10. We've hear this show, it is moving, and should be a part of your plans this weekend. Then, starting at 8 p.m. Friday catch the very 1st countdown from 1970, and all weekend long get highlights of the shows from the 70's and 80's. We'll end Sunday evening with Casey's last AT40 broadcast from 1988, and the very last song he introduced in his long career."

http://www.kix1029.com

copy that!! back to my child hood days of the 60's and growing up with those who shaped and turned the tune of music Mr. Kasem was a pioneer. Listening to? well pretty much anything cept for Country and Rap and Death Metal not that there's something wrong with them just isn't my tuned to my taste. Just finished listening to Paul McCartneys "NEW" album and oh ya it pretty damn good though I'm sure or not Paradime and Death Metal sets his stage that cool. Death Metal,,,kinda reminds me of playing with a bad ground in our mixer Oie Vey!!!! Lastnigh I listened and played along to David Bowies album "Man Who Sold The World"

Lou "Listening is learning, if you can understand what your listening to"

• Like 1