naz

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
so I'm just posting some pics of my motor so far.

valvecovorg.jpg

valvecovprm.jpg

The original intake and hopefully it's replacement. Hopefully it all works out well.

fj20intake.jpg

fj20itb.jpg

whoa whoa itbs me and my buddy pout some on his vtec i know its a honda we got four neoprene oil resistant hoses same diameter as the itbs and intake lobbed off the intake after the injector bungs put the hoses in between the intake and itbs with strong hose clamps car still runs good tps needs recalibrated no intake leaks either cause the type of hose we used is super conforming spendy stuff but thats whats used on the gsxr motor

there is also how too site you can use the existing manifolds and when vtec kicked it in was a sweet sound

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
does anyone have an idea if an L Series oil pump will work for an FJ20? im looking to find one close to the FJ20ET's flow rate

not even close the fj oil pump is driven off the crank and is in the timing chain cover, like the KADE oil pump

• 3 months later...

How's the build going naz? I haven't posted up much about my project on this site, but since there's a "sticky"...

Mine's bored out to 2.1 (91mm) with Wiseco pistons, 10.5:1 CR, Electromotive crank fire ignition, and dual 44 Mikunis, headers I pieced out of a set of long tube NISMO L16's welded to a water jet cut mounting flange and jet coated. I also have a stock FI intake which I plan to convert to some day. I have heard though have no verification, that a 83-85 200SX (same years as the FJ, S12 CA20) EFI stuff is a plug in. The gasket set from that years SX is a pretty much direct fit so it might make sense.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/defdes/

fj-25.jpgfj-26.jpg

Edited by defdes
couldnt post photo

Defdes, I actually hung out with Naz tonight. A good friend of ours had a little get together. The company he worked for is going out of business so I don't think he will be installing the engine any time soon. Since he sold his 510 a while back but planned on picking up a cleaner one once the engine was done. From what he tells me the engine machine work is done. All he needs to do is order a head gasket and head bolt. I tried to buy it off him but he won't sell it :( I'm first in line though :D

I did however talk to a friend of a friend that has an FJ. I've been trying to buy that one for over 5 years!! It sounds like he might sell it to me though :D I would like to keep my L series 510 powered by an L series but I would do an FJ just because they are so bad ass!!!

I did however talk to a friend of a friend that has an FJ. I've been trying to buy that one for over 5 years!! It sounds like he might sell it to me though :D I would like to keep my L series 510 powered by an L series but I would do an FJ just because they are so bad ass!!!

Keep applying the full court press...he'll crack eventually!

• 4 weeks later...

Can we get more General info about this motor in here?

The Nissan FJ series engine

Straight-4 DOHC 2.0- or 2.4 L

internal combustion engine produced by Nissan in the 1980s

The FJ20 weighs 366lb (166 kg); the KA24DE weighs 368 lb (167 kg).

The 2.0 L variant was used in the US110 and US12 Nissan Silvia/Nissan Gazelle, and DR30 Nissan Skyline.

The FJ has an aluminium head, chain driven cams, and an iron block. Turbo motors were only available in Japan and the non turbo variants were available in Japan, Hong-Kong, Australia and Europe.

Datsun enthusiasts like to swap FJ engines into L or Z series powered vehicles. The FJ has similar mounting points to L/Z/KA blocks.

It featured large ports,dual valve-springs and a wide angle bucket on shim valvetrain design similar to other (later) Nissan twincams like the VG, CA, RB, and KA, series DOHC motors and the previous S20 6 cyl DOHC motor from the early 1970's GT-R. This valve train design is also found in several motorcycle engines, it has a rev-happy over-square bore/stroke, combined with a stout forged bottom end, and wide bore spacing, the FJ20's strength is legendary .

The FJ20ET was also put into some JDM Silvia's in the 80's and early 70's. there was also the FJ24E which was a monster N/A engine used in the rally cars making these engine's even more rare than the FJ20E(T)

It was originally only in some Skylines. I heard it was really made for racing homologation, and is way overengineered. The short block can handle 3 bar boost right from the factory ...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

FJ20 Gearbox is nearly identical to the 6-Cyl L-Series gearbox, except for the bellhousing and the angle at which the gearbox sits. The bellhousings can be easily changed. The FJ20DET gearbox has larger bearings and is obviously thus stronger. Both models were available in only two vehicles, both of which came to Australia, but not with the FJ20 as an option.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...