100% B110 restoration project

datsunbat

I have an original Kangaroo Bag support clip, the underdash activation button and at least one of the original type "spritzer" fittings in the factory box. The kangaroo bag is missing. Are any of you restorers interested? My 411 has the polyethylene window washer tank, so this material is of no use to me. I picked it up when I bought a box load of early Datsunparts at a thrift shop.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The old kangaroo bag bracket, "spritzer" fitting and activation button are all that I think are 1200 candidates. There are also 4 of the 13 inch whels in the lot that I believe are 311 steel wheels. The rest of the miscellaneous parts have been consumed in keeping my 1967 RL411 SSS running. You and Signor Vitorini are to be congratulated on a truly superior restoration.

Edited by MikeRL411
error

Hi my friends!

I’ve got some more news!

But first I want to thank you all of you guys for supporting me in my restoration project!

Skib: Thank You!

MikeRL411: Mr. Vitorino and I Thank you the support words! I think its a nice 1200! The video on the end of the page is fantastic!!!

On this weekend My A12 started rolling again!

I’m very pleased with it! The sound, the setting of the motor! Everything!!!

But before the photos I want to tell you that I met an old school guy, maybe 55 years old, and the offered me all Datsun material that he had bought for years!

Front brake pads, clutch and brakes main pump sets…lots of new material! Some I will use it…He is called Sr. Santana!!!We’ve talked for an hour…he know so many things about classics…he has a triumph herald, an Opel Rekord (1st serie), Lots of mini’s, Citr

Edited by datsunbat

Hi my friends!

Thank you all for the comments!

]2eDeYe-Thank you! New more Nos parts are soon to arrive! But It thing in therms of acessories is quite easy, the hard ones are the rubbers and mechanical parts!

agentalpha_ I enjoy your comment a lot! Thank you, and in my native language...awesome!!!

The v

• 4 weeks later...

Great job on the restoration. Best one I've seen in a long time. Where are you getting your parts from? Are they still available from Nissan or are you sourcing them from speciality parts dealers? For my Roadster I have a book with all the factory part numbers and I am wondering if there is something available like that for the b110? Enjoy the ride.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Mario the car looks great! The updates are very enjoyable to look at.

I have a question for you. The light blue paint you used on the air cleaner, did you have that color custom mixed to match the original color, or did you use store bought light blue paint that looked close. I'd like to repaint my air cleaner but can't find the right color to match exactly like the original Datsun color.

Thanks,

Mike

I have a question for you. The light blue paint you used on the air cleaner, did you have that color custom mixed to match the original color, or did you use store bought light blue paint that looked close. I'd like to repaint my air cleaner but can't find the right color to match exactly like the original Datsun color.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike, check out http://www.classicdatsun.com. Go to the 240z tab on the left and then the misc tab on the top right, hes got some Datsun blue.

and great work Mario its looking awesome!

Hey Mike, check out http://www.classicdatsun.com. Go to the 240z tab on the left and then the misc tab on the top right, hes got some Datsun blue.
Thanks Skib. I checked it out and it seems that they don't have the light blue air cleaner paint. They seem to offer the blue engine paint [i'm assuming that would be the darker engine block color]. I'll ask them though. :)

Mike

Edited by blownb310

Thanks,

Mike

Mike; I found that Plastikote(sp?) Pontiac blue is pretty close.