need and l28 and a little advice

my mom just got a 280z and well it has a bad engine, she drove it home,parked it and now cant get it started. i tried the usual plugs wires cap, check for gas and spark got that then i checked the oil and it was a greenish brown? what could that mean other then a blown head gasket. i pulled off the cam cover and nothin but water and sludge up the ass. so i an in need of ether an an l28 of some sort(don't need intake and exhaust unless its carbed) or where can and how hard is it to do a 350 swap? witch way do you think i should go?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Change the head gasket!!!!How hard is that???

Undo the exhaust down pipe, fuel line, EFI wiring, throttle cable, heater hoses, upper rad hose, battery ground (etc.) wedge the timing chain so it doesn't fall down inside the cover and unbolt the head and remove WITH THE MANIFOLDS ON. Clean both surfaces, check the head for warpage and put new gasket on. Change oil and filter. Run for an hour or two and change the oil and filter. Should cost what? $100 with oil.

Of course if it ran that way very long I doubt the bearings are any good. Depends on how long it ran, and how it stopped. If it still turns over it might have just gotten extra wear, but if it's locked up it's done for.

Well, I have a couple L28s lying around, both came from "running cars" but I never saw either run. The one that still has the EFI stuff (but needs many parts as I was using the bits to keep my now departed Z on the road) I'd let go for $100, U-haul. As is, though- as I said, I never saw it run. Only bought it because it had a transmission I wanted attached (but that trans is now in my truck)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.