Datsun Down 2

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet, that monkey motion linkage is pretty wierd and sloppy.

yea i wasnt getting full throttle with the stock set up

Where there is a will, there is a way...

I found that using a modified 240Z linkage from a '72, I now have full throttle travel (and then some), and agreed the "monkey motion linkage" is really sloppy, unless you place a metal sleeve on the throttle linkage before they connect to the carbs. It reduces the play at the carbs and saves the life of the u-shaped linkage at the carb.

The spare roadster SU's Brian? Sure I guess, they're just sitting on the workbench, best you let me get a shot of them for you first though so you know what you're getting right! I'll get on that tomorrow morning, I have to go pick up the girls soon, they went shopping at the night market here :blink:....

The new wagon I bought has a cable linkage setup, very nice taut feeling to it. I like it much better than the stock linkage.

All right, I'll cave: Not being a truck or roadster guy, where would I procure a cable setup from, what vehicle?? I still plan to run linkage on my 610, two fold reasons 1) I already have one and 2) I bought all new linkage parts when I rebuild my 38s; I want to get smart on this cable setup, just to help others out. :o

Well, the cable linkage in mine looks like it's out of a 200sx, the engine is a Z22e, stock and it works quite well. Makes the wagon really peppy and smooth on the acceleration compared with the linkage. I'm also going to invest some time into looking at this for another engine.

Well, the cable linkage in mine looks like it's out of a 200sx, the engine is a Z22e, stock and it works quite well. Makes the wagon really peppy and smooth on the acceleration compared with the linkage. I'm also going to invest some time into looking at this for another engine.

Im in the same boat as you. Looking to switch over from linkage to cable. I have read that the setup from a 80-83 200sx works the best. Troy Ermish also sells a pre-fabbed setup for $125. Think I might go with Troys.....just to save me some time.:D

Post some pics when you can. Did you swap out the accelerator pedal and all of the associated hardware to make it happen??

buy a lokar it has a lifetime warranty i broke mine and was able to take it to a baxters auto parts and get a new 1 buy it off line its cheaper.

http://lokar.com/product-descriptions/throttle-cables.htm

TC-1000HT 24" Stainless Steel Hi-Tech Throttle Cable

TC-1000HT 36 36" Stainless Steel Hi-Tech Throttle Cable

is what i used i think i payed like 40 bucks for the set up that was a year ago

Did you swap out the accelerator pedal and all of the associated hardware to make it happen??

my current 510 stock pedal end was drilled and the cable end bolted on, i didnt like it.

(need to verify) i got a pedal assembly from a 1st gen 300zx and made a spacer for it to mount in the stock location, its cable ready has has a return spring.

used w/ a lokar cable.

yea thats the trick you have to get a little custom with it i have to remake mine i will take and post some pics of what i did if any1 wants.

i tried a truck, 200sx, and vw before i made my own with a stock pedal. I really did want to change the spot the pedal sat for racing reasons. My dime is a non streetable car so i try to make it as comfy to my driving style

roflmao

well my oil leak was the front of the head gasket. it was bad more like a oil spill.so we had to change it out before we left.I couldnt race losing that much oil.off with the head in record time. the gasket was stuck like mad cleanded it all up and put it back doing the big NO NO useing the old bolts and snap the last "f"en bolt damn i was pissed off i knew better than to that try to set it on with like 65lbs just for the races but nnnooo so iam going to scream and run around i circles like my son when he was 2 years old.

but hey thats the life of racing so now iam going to strip the car for the 5th time and start all over. its the end of the season anyway so for next year i hope to have my l18 finished

and once again to all of you thank you for the help and input

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.