What size rear cylinders?

fisch

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh tried the search function, got my answer. Found out it doesn't really matter. only that the bigger the cylinder the more braking power. And we are talking 1/16 diff, so it shouldn't be that different.

A larger cylinder will require more fluid to move it than a smaller one. The pedal may move a tiny fraction farther down and the rears may lock up sooner now because of increased pressure on the brake shoes. It might also not be noticeable. You could always back off the rear adjusters to allow the fronts to do more work to even it out.

Morning Scott.

Mornin' Mike!

I just double checked the factory manual and it lists a 13/16 as the propper size, so i reckon that is what I will go for.

Man, none of the auto stores in a 4 town are have them, Not NApa, not auto zone, not Advanced auto. So it looks like Rock Auto to the rescue. And a long shipping wait.

Why is it that I always decide to order things on Sun and or on hollidays? I know, because those are the days I actually work on such things and find out what I need to order.

I am not a patient guy! At this point it won't even be processed till tuesday. I want it today!

Mornin' Mike!

I just double checked the factory manual and it lists a 13/16 as the propper size, so i reckon that is what I will go for.

Man, none of the auto stores in a 4 town are have them, Not NApa, not auto zone, not Advanced auto. So it looks like Rock Auto to the rescue. And a long shipping wait.

Why is it that I always decide to order things on Sun and or on hollidays? I know, because those are the days I actually work on such things and find out what I need to order.

I am not a patient guy! At this point it won't even be processed till tuesday. I want it today!

why not rebuild them?

^THuoght about it Bugeye, and if anyone local had rebuild kits I might have. But rock auto has them right now for not much more than the rebuild kits! And though I have not seen what they look like under the drums yet, the way the front one was corroded makes me doubt them even more.

So why not just replace!

^THuoght about it Bugeye, and if anyone local had rebuild kits I might have. But rock auto has them right now for not much more than the rebuild kits! And though I have not seen what they look like under the drums yet, the way the front one was corroded makes me doubt them even more.

So why not just replace!

this is true, just don't brake the chisel this time:lol:

Thanks slodat. I've never tried that site before. Pretty cool!

Alas according to their search, no one around here has them. Gotta love the N. east! (Not!) I think because Datsuns are zillon times more rare on the right coast, no one stocks parts for them.