What have you passed today?

HRH

theres a street legal 240z running 8's full interior and everything

Very nice. :D

But what the track calls street legal and what is by the book street legal are two different things.

Nitrous use, non DOT slicks, wheelie bars, and engine swaps even on emissions exempt cars are not street legal. We do engine swaps on old cars but don't register those swaps. Its not technically legal. :cool:

But that is Austrailia. It might be different there.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, the law varies, I wouldnt have to register any swaps.

He puts the wheelie bar and shoot on when he gets to the track and the slicks are drag radials so there streetable lol.

RIPS is in NZ I believe.

did you see the new redone car over at hybrid? his turbo has to stick out of the hood and looks like it could suck in small children or large dogs :lol:

Very nice. :D

But what the track calls street legal and what is by the book street legal are two different things.

Nitrous use, non DOT slicks, wheelie bars, and engine swaps even on emissions exempt cars are not street legal. We do engine swaps on old cars but don't register those swaps. Its not technically legal. :cool:

But that is Austrailia. It might be different there.

• 2 weeks later...

Now the above mentioned cars that are running 10s are ALL under 2500lbs.The RAM that is running 10's is doing it while weighing 6000 lbs+ and having the aerodynamics of a brick.

My 510 is 2550lb and I am over 200 pounds and I drove to and from the track 45 min on the day I ran the 10.96. I have to admit that for a big vechicle full sized diesel trucks can be very fast, however I have never personally lost a race to one.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I took the 510 out this morning after calibrating a Nissan knock sensor (the former GM sensor was bulky and in a bad location). The plan was to do a datalog of several parameters and pull some timing out and back the boost off if the sensor saw knock. Running 12.5 psi on E85 with 26* of timing , which is a lot of timing but the egt's and the AFR were both happy I just wanted to see if a sensor picked up any knock when it was closer to the combustion chamber.

That said, I got on the freeway to do some 4th-5th gear pulls and put a load on the motor when a 2007 Yamaha YZF 600 passes me. Now with 12.5 psi (350rwh) I am under no illusion of beating a low 11 sec bike in a freeway roll on , just wanted to see how the car stacked up. Well, from the seat of the pants dyno the car feels like a low 12 sec car , the bike confirmed this and during the roll I pull the car in 5th and rolled right on up to 143 mph . The somewhat disconcerning thing was that the car was still pulling HARD at 143 before I looked at the speedo and backed out, not to bad for a brick.

BTW...no knock, E85 is some cool shit.

• 1 month later...