What have you passed today?

HRH

I'm sure you've all seen the new "rice" trend. It's domestic diesels. Namely Dodge Cummins. And I'm sure you've seen many a jacked up 4x4 Dodge Diesel spewing loads of black smoke racing around whatever town you may be in.....

HAVE I MENTIONED it's just so absolutely funny when a shitbox looking 510 pulls around from behind, is even in 2nd, and passes them in third with a motor designed in the 60's and fuel management (dual SUs) from that era also?

Long live the L motor. Gave 'em the 2 fingers and a 0 so they'd know they just got stomped by a motor 1/3 the size without a turbo.

:) I'm also going to put a sticker on my back window that reads: "Black smoke=unburnt fuel. Tune your rig correctly."

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

Before my truck entered into garaged hybernation, I used to love pulling up to dudes in jacked up diesel trucks complete with hanging rubber testes and all and giving them the thumbs down while I pulled on them off the line. I never understood the reason behind certain men needing to own big trucks. You get into them and instantly feel dwarved. I tell you, I feel like a Goliath of a man getting into the cozy little cab of my 620, and I didnt spend $30,000+ in a feeble attempt to reinforce my self-esteem or masculinity.

i here ya, i've pulled on many a people.. all kinds of shit.. i need to get my clutch fixed now tho.. i tell ya man my truck is quick.. i think im going to get some new plugs tho cause i think my iridums are gettin old... well atleast i've had loads of fun an its cheap too.. i swear i think im gonna blow this engine one day.. im suprised i havent spun a fuckin rod bearing.. i've over revved this thing more times then i can remember.. did it on my se-r a few too many times an boom spun rod bearing.. granted that engines seen alot of abuse an its got 225k an its the origional motor from 92.. point is datsuns are fucking tuff.. you gotta seriously be an idiot, or just dont care to blow one up..

Yeah, I went out to the drags that same night, didn't find those guys there, but did find some gigantic diesel quad cab pickups (Ford and Dodge) who were exceedingly quick. Funny enough, no clouds of black smoke from them. :) Seriously they were probably running 12s. And the trucks looked stock. At least there are some who can tune diesels correctly.

It's funny you guys laughing at trucks that run times your 510 can only equal after being dropped off a cliff.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

True that, but I used to watch a 510 in Phoenix with a VG30DETT run 10s. Pretty impressive, and faster than a gigantic truck falling off a cliff. I couldn't find any Youtube videos of that particular green car, (it was a while ago) but I did find this of an 11 sec 510, proving once again that Datsuns are superior. :D

I passed a cop yesterday on my streetbike... going from spokane to seattle saw him hiding behind some bushes about seconds before i went by, looked at me speedo:blink: 104 :blink: uhh oohh:eek: looked in the mirror :D no po po guess he didnt feel like chasin

True that, but I used to watch a 510 in Phoenix with a VG30DETT run 10s. Pretty impressive, and faster than a gigantic truck falling off a cliff. I couldn't find any Youtube videos of that particular green car, (it was a while ago) but I did find this of an 11 sec 510, proving once again that Datsuns are superior. :D

That's 510six...he's here and on the realm

Another:

i was watching pink on demand last night and there was a z-car that ran 10.30s made it into the top 4 was funny cause my son had just asked if i have ever seen a datsun on this show

theres a street legal 240z running 8's full interior and everything

[edit] some vid:

Gale Banks built a 735 horse Cummins Dakota for a land speed record in 2002. He drove it from Southern California to Bonneville Utah while towing a trailer full of spare parts and got close to 20 to the gallon, and then proceeded to average 217 mph, with an overall top speed of 222, a record for gas or diesel pickups. I love Datsuns, but i don't think a 620 could do that. :)

Gale Banks built a 735 horse Cummins Dakota for a land speed record in 2002. He drove it from Southern California to Bonneville Utah while towing a trailer full of spare parts and got close to 20 to the gallon, and then proceeded to average 217 mph, with an overall top speed of 222, a record for gas or diesel pickups. I love Datsuns, but i don't think a 620 could do that. :)

I thought the top speed was 125.But anyways,you are correct.He put the Cummins in a Dakota for that.And that Cummins Dakota holds the record for the Worlds fastest Pick-up truck.

Now the above mentioned cars that are running 10s are ALL under 2500lbs.The RAM that is running 10's is doing it while weighing 6000 lbs+ and having the aerodynamics of a brick.

For every 100 pounds you shed off a car,you gain approx.1/10 of a second.So if the Ram weighed 2500 lbs-how much faster would it be?

I'm sure ya'll have calculators.:lol:

Hmmmm, I sense a challenge! I'd love to see a 620 do 223 mph. I think a lowered 620 would have as good drag coefficient or better than a dakota, wouldn't it? But then the windshield rake, hmmm.

Question is, what kind of motor would be needed to do that? It would have to have close to what, 600-700 hp? Think a Titan V8 could get that with some boost?

• 2 months later...

There is this one diesel Dodge Ram running around Vancouver that is lifted ungodly high. I mean I pass this thing and my 720 isn't even as tall as the tires. Remove the needed drive components and I could park under him, and I'm not talkin the bed, I mean I could park with the cab under his truck. I'm sure Kiz and others around me have seen it. If I see it again, I'll try to get a pic.

Hmmmm, I sense a challenge! I'd love to see a 620 do 223 mph. I think a lowered 620 would have as good drag coefficient or better than a dakota, wouldn't it? But then the windshield rake, hmmm.

Question is, what kind of motor would be needed to do that? It would have to have close to what, 600-700 hp? Think a Titan V8 could get that with some boost?

Or Get a Sr20DETTTTTTTTTTTT. lol jk

That would be wicked to see a datsun with that much power!