Datsun down

they sent me the wrong lashcap the first time.all the assembly was done buy a friend.His dad ownes the local machine shop. i have seen and heard some of the motors HE has built. rode in his shit getin mustang(low 10 in 1/4 .full stock body). so iam pretty sure all the extras (if u will )are right and in properly .but thank you for the input. i would post some pics but we lost the charger for the camera stupid funky batts what happen to aaa batts

Edited by freaky510
ida b jakaz
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have all that could be done to the head done .i have no idea what they did but they (my machine shop friends) Know what they are doing .i know they changed valves to bigger 1s and did some other stuff(port and polished). I got it all together just need to hook up fuel pump and water neck put on the carbs and iam of to the races. After a few test runs.I hope to find my camera charger soon. will post some vid and pics.

• 4 weeks later...

this is to contuine the s/u box of crap thread

here is the video idk if this helps their is a few more on my photobucket page

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e86/Mrfreaky510/?action=view&current=datsunsu007.flv

also i have this ? http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e86/Mrfreaky510/?action=view&current=datsunsu006.flv

Edited by freaky510
e

The dome springs need attention.

Open up the domes and check the spring rate. The one in the front looks like it has a spring that is worn. The best way to check is to open up both (make sure you keep each dome with its respective carb) and check the heights against each other. It is possible to stretch the spring slightly to make them match, but don't stretch it too much, they are delicate. I went with stiffer springs and (fingers crossed) it should give better mid-range. Let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

so after talking to a few guys at the sat met i decide to go with a diffrent intake but it need to be modded not sure if it will work but wtf i got nothin better to do.Lol

intake002.jpgwhat needs to be removed

intake007.jpg

intake005.jpggetting close

intake011.jpgmy gage

intake010.jpgnot to bad for a freak

intake009.jpg a little more polishing and i think i stop

so i hope this works out lol i couldnt find a intake to match my carbs so since i had a few extras i figured what the hell.next i will take it down and have is resufacced and try it out

Port Matching is usually done on the cylinder head side, not the carb side. You would match the carb side for 44mm Z carbs, but IMHO, that is too much carb for a 4 cylinder L series motor. If the carbs and maniflod need matched, do a progressive taper from the 44mm outside edge to the 38mm of the manifold. Venturi effect will cause the velocity of the air/fuel mixture to move faster at the end of the taper, and "force" the air/fuel mixture into the combustion chamber.

thats the good ontake with the adjustable balance tube nice finde

Not quite a balance tube, like a Z car. Its an air adjust for smog purposes. If the old adjuster screw gets corroded, too much air gets in, and the carbs are near impossible to adjust. Nissan offers the screw as part of the linkage rebuild kit (99996-D1110), but I happen to have it as part of the "parts not needed" pile in my stash of stuff. PM me and I would be happy to trade for some small trinket of equal or lesser value. NIB part with spring.

BTW: Plug the hole above the PCV, not needed for your carbs, unless you have the original air cleaner. Use the PCV, if you get the chance. You will have to fab a hose to work, but it does help reduce the smell in the underhood compartment.