New to Ratsun.net but not to Datsuns

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the A to L swap in the 120y B210 is really easy the car is a pl510 from the firewall forward the B310 210 is the same. The trick is the driveshaft you need a 210 automatic driveshaft because the front yoke matches the output shaft on a z 5-speed and will mate up without modification. Brakes become a weak point but since the front end is basically the same as a pl510 larger brakes are a cinch. use a pl510 radiator or you will have to notch the core support to clear an HL radiator. With this swap you will need to use an electric pusher fan because the engine is very close to the radiator 3/4 inch or less.

Gees I should charge for this hehehe.

the A to L swap in the 120y B210 is really easy the car is a pl510 from the firewall forward the B310 210 is the same. The trick is the driveshaft you need a 210 automatic driveshaft because the front yoke matches the output shaft on a z 5-speed and will mate up without modification.

Gees I should charge for this hehehe.

This would tell me that the 210 auto is longer than the 4spd. It's cool to find interesting parts that match to things never intended isn't it?

Guest jaimesix

Hi.

I remember your B210 very well. I think you used to post at the 1200Datsun site. I remember the avatar, I think it was the silluete of a guy with a hat.

I would like to get a 4 door B210 to fix up. I love B210s, mine got stolen years ago....since I already had the coupe, want to try the 4 door.

Gone to Canby??? What are you doing nowadays Datsun related? did your lowered B210 became the off road B210?

Welcome.

Jaime.________________________________________________________

• 1 year later...

Ive got a question for you regarding the l swap into a b210.

I found a 74 with an auto... kinda rusty but complete and the price is right...

My question is will the stock rear hold up to a LZ22/5 speed or will it grenade? Motor has unported stock u67 head and stock l20 cam for now and a 32/36... Ive got a set of 40s and have been keeping my eye out for a well prepped head and cam setup (ported, bigger valves and good midrange/street cam)

Also if I put 280zx struts up front will there be any custom parts that I will have to buy/make or is it a bolt on ordeal? And would the spring rate of cut stock z springs be too stiff, or is there a better junkyard candidate/donor you can think of? Im leaning more towards on road handling than rally type set up.

As for the parts list in your other thread concerning swaps Im guessing that Ill need a 510 oil pan and a pedal set up... are there any suitable pedal swaps if I cant find a manual b210?

Any info/insight would be great. Thanks.