Show me your Tool............

I'm not at a dealer........we like to master everything we can......

..........only things that usually stop us are the stupid Dealer Only computer flashes or reprogramming......that's  :poop:

.....and what's even more shitty is we can't change the battery in a BMW that 09(not sure on the exact year) or newer.......

....computer has to be reprogrammed to charge the battery at the proper rate..............

......................because as the battery gets older the computer changes the charge levels......... :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:

WTF  REALLY 

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We run into that problem with our used inventory every time the sales staff runs the battery dead. The auxiliary battery (dual battery system) wont receive a charge unless you reset the system. A scan tool with good capability can handle it, but still a PITA.  Not a fan of German engineering.  More complicated than necessary.

New cars are getting more and more technology. They're trying to make it so you have to go to a dealer to get your shit fixed. It's BS. But on topic, how's the wireless chassis ear? I have a wired one but half the mic's are dead and was thinking of upgrading.

• Like 1

I'm a dealer tech too guys, don't worry. Bahaha. I'm just sick of waiter warranty rattle repair.

On a side note, I resisted the urges of the Snap-On and Cornwell trucks today. I feel like this is step 2 in a long process...

I forgot-you're a dealer tech too. 

Don't you have a Steelman ChassisEar in the tool cabinet? You should. 

If you are buying new... http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Chassis-Ear-JSP97202-Category/dp/B001DICEKC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0Q3NT1HV77ZZ92E0T93A

I'm avoiding the trucks at damn near any cost. 

• Like 2

Saw someone posted it on first page, but pic link broken so...

d8018f2efe58fc5230ee4afd53b919df.jpg

Needle scaler attachment for air hammer, bottom right. Blasted undercoating and loose rust off of frame no problem. Did drivers front quarter of frame in about 90 mins I think, seemed less, progress was steady. Didn't work great under cab, but frame was super easy, I think the cab floors have too much give, the frame is solid, let's the needler work.

I found for most parts of the frame, holding it at a steep (say 85 degrees) angle so it kinda jack hammers the undercoating gave the fastest results. The undercoating just kinda lost it's grip on the paint and flaked off with that technique. Unreal! Outside edges are tough, but flat surfaces are easy and gets right into tight corners and rougher welds. Sometimes the jack hammer technique doesn't work so well and a shallower angle will give a scraping effect to get the tough stuff. Just be careful with tight crevices, you'll want to stick a few needles in that little gap and get everything, but the needles will wedge and the hammer won't vibrate them loose, it'll only hit them in tighter. The scaler has a spring it it that gives when you try to pull out, making it launch out suddenly, if at all. I've been lucky so far.

The frame still has surface rust everywhere as you can see, but a wire wheel will make short work of it. Just using a wheel would probably be faster, but would be a lot hotter, louder, and you'd use a few wheels, and make a hell of a lot more mess. The scaler was awesome, because as you can see, it just leaves a pile of coarse flakes right below the workpiece, which meant I could feel happy doing it in my freshly cleaned-and-vacuumed-everywhere garage, without flinging a layer of paint and rust dust over everything. It also keeps the neighbours from making more noise complaints when I'm using the angle grinder outside for hours. Once I've done it all I can do a quick once over with the wheel outside, faster than bylaw can respond to the call lol. It also doesn't make my hands buzz for an hour like the grinder.

Well worth the $30, plus $20 for air hammer. If you don't need a hammer, just get the all-in-one unit for $40. Got mine at Princess Auto in Canada, harbour freight probably carries a similar unit in US.

Edited to add link to better pic of tool: http://www.machinemart.co.uk/images/library/product/huge/00/000310084.jpg

• Like 3

I forgot-you're a dealer tech too. 

Don't you have a Steelman ChassisEar in the tool cabinet? You should. 

If you are buying new... http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Chassis-Ear-JSP97202-Category/dp/B001DICEKC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0Q3NT1HV77ZZ92E0T93A

I'm avoiding the trucks at damn near any cost. 

As in the dealer tool cabinet? Your funny. Half our SST's are missing. I have my own, but they're wired and half the mics are dead. Need to upgrade.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Nothing fancy.....just got this tool box and tools for free today......

.....it was even dropped off for me.......

IMG_8513_zps69cb3352.jpg

IMG_8514_zps11405140.jpg

Some stuff is missing but what do ya expect for what I paid.........

..........gonna make a great roadside kit for 5Teezy :thumbup:

• Like 5
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...