Show me your Tool............

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know nothing about these machines......used one in school back in the day...........that's about it.....

One of the guys here did some machining for a number of years and knows all about this shit............he's the one that found it..........

Guy that had it used it for wood most of the time........

.........it's in amazing shape for a 1956.....

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Here ya go Randy.....

That Daily Randomness thread is FUCT.......I think there are only 5 people who post in that thread :rofl:

thought there was a cool tools thread but I cant find it 

so I will post this here 

cabinet face clamp it clamps two cabinets together and flushes the face , works fantastic 

IMG_20140527_103921_421_zpsbk7xba8o.jpg

If you ever need specialized woodworking tools these guys are great. Prices are fair but really high quality. I bought a whole set of Swiss wood chisels from them, prefer them to 2 cherry's, marples, or Henry Adams

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.woodcraft.com%2F&ei=VM-KU9X5HY-JogSJtYHoAg&usg=AFQjCNGHZ342Q-y6aoZvHZX6d7h_RTmwww&bvm=bv.68191837,d.cGU

• Like 1

Pointing_machine_in_use.jpg

I need to make this tool, it's called a pointing machine. It takes a reading of a point in space on one model if you want to duplicate something. Can't seem to find the brass swivel joints. 

Seems like you might be able to use some drum kit gear to make that. Cymbal stands especially.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I was gonna ask where I could get a good one of those and then read Bustas post.....nevermind :lol:

got this one on sale for 100 from a company called woodcraft

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Forgot about this.....we don't use it often but it's bad ass......

IMG_8112_zpsccae99d5.jpg

Has these little audio transmitters and clamps......

IMG_8113_zpsa5f0cb3e.jpg

Clamp them where you think the noise is coming from......

IMG_8114_zps1aaf3be5.jpg

Pick the channel you want to listen to while you drive........

IMG_8115_zps0b847e15.jpg

• Like 4

Wow, I HAVE TO get one of those, that is awesome. That would come in handy on like %15-20 of the vehicles I work on. Shit, this is all the cool stuff that the dealership guys know about and those of us that dont work as techs professionally anymore are out of the loop on. Haha.

I'm not at a dealer........we like to master everything we can......

..........only things that usually stop us are the stupid Dealer Only computer flashes or reprogramming......that's  :poop:

.....and what's even more shitty is we can't change the battery in a BMW that 09(not sure on the exact year) or newer.......

....computer has to be reprogrammed to charge the battery at the proper rate..............

......................because as the battery gets older the computer changes the charge levels......... :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop: