• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a tool.

32807601323_650fc8ec15_b.jpgMystery Tool by Racer, on Flickr

I just don't know what it is for. I've posted this photo in a lot of forums asking if anyone knows what it may have been used for. Lots of guesses, but never has anyone seen it and said, "I know what that is, my grandpa had one!"

So, any ideas?

The gauge reads from 0 to 160 and measures force, but the face doesn't indicate what the units are. There are two screws that oppose each other, one has a pad on it, the other a place where aa similar pad used to be. I took a small rubber ball once and stuck it between them, and screwed them together. The gauge went up as I did, so I am guessing it is used to measure density or pressure of something.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a tool.

32807601323_650fc8ec15_b.jpgMystery Tool by Racer, on Flickr

I just don't know what it is for. I've posted this photo in a lot of forums asking if anyone knows what it may have been used for. Lots of guesses, but never has anyone seen it and said, "I know what that is, my grandpa had one!"

So, any ideas?

The gauge reads from 0 to 160 and measures force, but the face doesn't indicate what the units are. There are two screws that oppose each other, one has a pad on it, the other a place where aa similar pad used to be. I took a small rubber ball once and stuck it between them, and screwed them together. The gauge went up as I did, so I am guessing it is used to measure density or pressure of something.

Maybe for testing egg shell strength?

Randomly checking to see if the eggs are strong enough for shipping and if not you would know to add more of something to the chickens diet.

6795EFG-0502_zps4bvs3rcv.jpg

• 2 months later...

I will NEVER ever buy anything made and called by the STANLEY name. 3/8 ratchet fell a foot and a half off the back seat to the driveway and flew apart. Couldn't even find all the parts. Fuckin' plastic container needs a bungee cord to hold together. Can't buy just metric so half of them I threw away in a drawer. They are BLACK and get fuckin' hot laying in the sun. The 14mm spanner (actually works but has been hit wrong by the stamping press that made it. That push button release is a fuckin' pain in the ass. Have to push the button to get the socket on... need two hands to do this.

Took the set back (missing the shitty never used SAE ) and was offered replacements. I said as long as they aren't STANLEY brand. I told the manager I was embarrassed for him and the store that sold this worthless crap. Got a refund for more than what I paid for the set

Just like fram.... STANLEY used to have some reputation. Now cranked out in some sweat shop in China. Just absolute garbage. If you are thinking of buying anything made by STANLEY turn around.

• Like 1

Best bang for buck in my opinion. Lifetime warranty, self closing drawers, 2 charging stations with usb

Cons: drawers not that deep20170429_122830_zpsfudv9hea.jpg

Did not leave my kid up there. Just put him for a quick pic

The one on the left stomps on the one on the right20170410_072437_zpswufjxrqo.jpg

What's that huge drawer on the lower box?

And the Milwaukee would beat the shit out of both of those drills.

Mac, made by Stanley- as DeWalt. Mac drill will never be as good as DeWalt, just more expensive.

Stanley can't have a drill better than the DeWalt in their own company.

What's that huge drawer on the lower box?

And the Milwaukee would beat the shit out of both of those drills.

Mac, made by Stanley- as DeWalt. Mac drill will never be as good as DeWalt, just more expensive.

Stanley can't have a drill better than the DeWalt in their own company.

The big drawer on lower box is where i keep electric drills and chargers, theres a connections inside to keep things plugged in

Screenshot_2017-06-25-13-28-55_zpscqrlw0