Show me your Tool............

Well I think the new stuff is just as good if not better, technology brings better designs and metallurgy. My mate owns a truck and gives me really good deals I don't like just spending money, Craftsman is all I need but I can't stand Sears and done go there if I don't have to.Milwaukee is good stuff to, I just like the Snap on better. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Flat this is the best price with free shipping.  I have a few sets of gearwrench wrenches and ratchet sets and have had no problems yet.  Have not tried there taps and dies though.

https://www.jbtoolsales.com/gearwrench-82812-114-piece-large-double-box-ratcheting-socketing-wrench-tap-and-die-set/

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Going back to the cordless ratchet deal. Are the 1/4" really all they seem? I always have ran a Cornhole air ratchet since A) I work in a flat-rate shop and he comes to me, B) I have air everywhere I tend to use it, and C) It's gotten me extras both times. Lately it's been giving me some fits since my awesome shop hasn't changed the air dryer and I don't think its totally oil filled anymore. I've been thinking of going with the Milwaukee cordless but I want real world reviews.

If you have a Cornwell guy you can buy Milwaukee from him.

Buying from Home Depot or Amazon will get you better value though.

I had a bad ass IR 1/4" air ratchet. Quit using when I got the 12v Milwaukee 1/4".

It's not the strongest or fastest. It does a great job though and you're not connected to air.

You're a toyota tech, right? 2.4 timing cover, any water pump, timing belts...Do almost everything with it. The ones I can't get with 1/4" I have a 12v 3/8" Milwaukee gun that does the rest.

I have since sold my 1/4" air and have not looked back.

• Like 1

If you have a Cornwell guy you can buy overpriced Milwaukee from him.

Fixed.

Yeah, Toyota tech. I had a IR ratchet first then the head blew apart on me. Had the cornwell one for awhile and it's been good. I was just thinking it was time to upgrade, plus I'm getting tired of dragging the air hose over the fender, praying the fender cover doesn't move. Thanks!

Give the mwaukee stuff a shot.

Way better value than the other brands of electric stuff.

5 year warranty on tool. 3 year on the battery.

1/4 the price of SO. Half the weight. Equal performance.

If you can buy a tool that is brush less, it will say FUEL on the side of it, do not hesitate.

I removed a transmission/transfer case from a 17 highlander V6 today.

I used my 1/2" air on the axle sockets.

Every other bolt was 1/4" Milwaukee, 12v 3/8" Fuel, and my 18V 3/8" Fuel.

Give the mwaukee stuff a shot.

Way better value than the other brands of electric stuff.

5 year warranty on tool. 3 year on the battery.

1/4 the price of SO. Half the weight. Equal performance.

If you can buy a tool that is brush less, it will say FUEL on the side of it, do not hesitate.

I removed a transmission/transfer case from a 17 highlander V6 today.

I used my 1/2" air on the axle sockets.

Every other bolt was 1/4" Milwaukee, 12v 3/8" Fuel, and my 18V 3/8" Fuel.

Now I just wanna know why you dropped the tranny on something that new. Timing cover wouldn't surprise me in the lease  :rofl:  :rofl:

Spanner is the non-US term for the open end wrench if I'm not mistaken,

My dial indicator is a cheapy. It gets abused.

The clamp I have for it is not.

Every brake inspection it comes out. Thing gets dropped a lot.

I hear you on that, I dropped my nice co-ax indicator a couple of years ago and keep its carcass as a reminder to not drop shit that costs a lot.

• Like 1