Searching for Rotor Hat

gumbyz13

Wondering if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction...I am looking for a rotor hat for a custom brake set-up I have on my 510.   

Hat dimensions

For an S130 hub type (103mm PCD / 81mm Center Bore)

Hat Face: .250"

Offset:  1.125"

Rotor Bolt Circle:  6 x 5.50

One of my rotor hats was damaged and have not been able to find a replacement.  Have checked Wilwood, Brembo, AP, BAER, and a few other random places with no luck so far.  

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think that with 241 posts this member would think that we aren't mind readers.  And maybe he or she knows what the "Rotor Hat" is.  But I sure as hell don't!  And I will not waste one second to find out what the "subject" may or may not be.  Get clear [not in the so called "REGILiOUS" sense] or GET OFF!

I would think that with 241 posts this member would think that we aren't mind readers.  And maybe he or she knows what the "Rotor Hat" is.  But I sure as hell don't!  And I will not waste one second to find out what the "subject" may or may not be.  Get clear [not in the so called "REGILiOUS" sense] or GET OFF!

GET OFF...Really.  If you don't know what it is then why post (twice).

Okay, I assumed since I was posting this in the brake section the term "Rotor Hat" was commonly known, sometimes also referred to as a Rotor Bell.  My mistake, wasn't trying to be intentionally vague, but no need to be an ass about it.

Rotor hat (bell) is used on a 2 piece rotor assembly.  

4 lug rotor hat (103mm bolt pattern / 81 mm center bore) same as an S130 (280ZX) rotor bolt pattern - bolts onto the back of the hub.  It has a .250" face and an offset of 1.125". (1.125" deep from back of face to rear mounting surface)

The rotor bolts to the back of the rotor hat with a bolt pattern of 6 x 5.5.

Hope this clears it up a little better.

He's running a two piece rotor and needs the center piece that attaches the rotor to the hub.  I'm guessing by the dimensions it's a non-captured style.  Most two piece rotors are either 6 bolt or 8 bolt. 

I don't have any definite info for you, but Summit and Jegs both handle the hats.  Winters does rotors, but I'm not sure about the hats.  You may need to buy two that are close and then adjust your caliper spacing accordingly.

This is a CAD model of a Winters rotor I'm using on a 5 lug conversion........just as an example for those that aren't as familiar with the two piece style.

rotor.jpg

Trust me the OP knows what he is looking for... :rofl:

It's a non stock part is why no one seems to know what the hell he is talking about.

If you can't find what your looking for let me know. I could make a couple for you if needed. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the info guys, have a little more searching to do...

My set-up is kind of odd.  

It was built to fit a 13" wheel and uses a 10.5" vented rotor.  Wilwood has the Rotors available but no hats.  They do have an undrilled blank that might work but I have been trying to track something down off the shelf.

Thanks datrod...might have to take you up on that one.

Appreciate the assistance.      

• 2 weeks later...

DP ( Design Products) Racing might know something about them. I would try emailing them, as I have never gotten through by phone. 

I know Troy Ermish makes a "small" kit that utilizes wilwood components. my best bet would be to call and ask him where he gets his rotor hats from. 

since you are looking for the same bolt pattern as the 280ZX, Arizona Z car may be able to help out since they sell their BABK for 280zx setups. 

Hope that helps some. 

• 1 year later...

Did you ever have any luck sorting this out? I'm also interested in running a 13" wheel, and specifics on what fits and what doesn't seems best found with a thick wallet, which is the opposite reason I want to go 13's.

Are you sure a 11" rotor doesn't fit? Opens up WORLDS of options. I also understand that making a 11" rotor fit might mean pushing the rotor and caliper towards the strut a touch for caliper to wheel clearance, but again... definitive information.

I'm tempted to just assume I need to buy a wheel, rotor, and caliper I want to run, and then fabricate the rest to make it work. Caliper bracket could probably be ordered via big blue saw once I have the dimensions, but I guess for that hat I'll have to order a blank and find a shop to finish it off.

I never did find the hat and ended up going with the AZ Zcar kit but that bumped me up to a 15" wheel.

Thanks for the suggestions, have been thinking about pulling these out of storage and having a set made. Would like to go back down to my 14s.

• 3 weeks later...