Blue Flames!!!

I have been thinking about doing this for awhile. I spent hours drawing and cutting out my template. I used silver paint first then went over it with a blue candied type paint.

Let me know what you think. :D Should I do more? On the tailgate maybe?

20fdb8p.jpg

29lmydu.jpg

166chvp.jpg

2cwv6yt.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know what you think. :D Should I do more? On the tailgate maybe?

29lmydu.jpg

I think they look pretty awesome. If you can you might consider cleaning up the transition from flame to flame making the bottoms more rounded. I probably wouldnt do more though; could be too busy.

Thanks for the input, I will smooth out the edges. :D

I forgot to mention that this was a practice run, I will be doing some body work and repainting the whole truck soon. I wanted to see what this was going to look like before I ruined new paint.

Thanks for the input, I will smooth out the edges. :D

I forgot to mention that this was a practice run, I will be doing some body work and repainting the whole truck soon. I wanted to see what this was going to look like before I ruined new paint.

Looks good. But keep in mind flames are on the way out. To over done on many cars. On a 32 high boy they fit fine. On a datsun truck ? But it's not my truck so I'll shut up now. :D Just my 2 pennies.

Looks good. But keep in mind flames are on the way out. To over done on many cars. On a 32 high boy they fit fine. On a datsun truck ? But it's not my truck so I'll shut up now. :D Just my 2 pennies.

lol...Thanks for the change. :cool:

Maybe I will have the only local Datsun truck with flames. I want to be different.....like everyone else. :lol:

lol...Thanks for the change. :cool:

Maybe I will have the only local Datsun truck with flames. I want to be different.....like everyone else. :lol:

I've always been of the opinion that, it's not what you do, but how you do it!:D

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Flames can be kool ,If they are done right ,You need to extend them a bit and stagger(for better words)them..

try some scallops they look good aswell..

I did a couple 510s in the 90s with scallops,One ghost,other hit you in the eye..

Phlebmaster -

You gotta make 'em bigger man!

(when people pass you on the freeway, you want 'em to say "Whoa! A flamed... datsun? [but most folks won't even KNOW it's a datsun cause of your slick tailgate], not "Why's the paint a different color up front?")

:o

Just speaking from experience here!

Do 'em big!!

:D

(or at least bigger)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes...this is a repeat of my other post, but not everyone will look at my project post.

Ok...I said I was going to do flames and I took your input about what I should do. So here she is....what do ya think?

It was dark so I will have to take more pics in the daylight.

2rgyr2e.jpg

2q01x4y.jpg

Now check out how the flames apear in the next pics

33xiszd.jpg

2wd8tmx.jpg

Cool Huh??

30c4ls9.jpg

I will be painting the rest of the truck this weekend. I hope these flames inspire some of you guys to do the same thing...it was sooooo easy to do.