ebay find rare of the rare datsun 1500 hubcaps

jukeizm

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously...I'm not trying to hate on jukeism. I can certainly understand the motivation to avoid the bs from guys on the forums! That's his method....mine....I simply cut the rig up and scrap it without saying anything....so much easier than trying to deal with the bs!!!

So along with the info I posted...I just want everyone to know that I also found a lot of postings and feedbacks that were very positive!!

So he buys and sells a ton of stuff...more power to him....I'd probably do it to if I could even partially tolerate half the f'ing morons you have to go through to get one good buyer! :) He's had some really sweet stuff too!!!

So...if he wants to sell something, let him. If he asks for an opinion...give him an honest one. If you don't like the price.....boohoo.

I would have much prefered that he had fessed up right from the start, but whatever. I try to be honest and deal with integrity with most people, but yet I have no problem whatsoever lieing directly to my bosses face because he has no integrity and has lied to me on more than one occasion. So....if juke felt the need to do it the way he did.....maybe the forum members should share some of the responsiblity for that!

I really should limit myself to 1 hr a week on here :)

I'm SO glad others are on to this guy. I like to think of Ratsun being a forum for enthusiast to help each other out, not for a guy trying to profit from other's generosity of selling thier parts for less then turning around and selling them for a lot more, simply to profit. What annoys me like it did to some others is how shady he was clearly trying to be.

I totally agree with MKlotz, I would have respected it if he would have just sold things under his own name and backed up any 'bs' from those that think the price may be high. I mean that's how I do it. I got plenty of that when I was selling my 521 truck but I answered all the questions I got honestly and in the end I sold it for my asking price. I totally saw that his last 2 ebay "finds" were him since he put his name and number on the descriptions...I was just not out to keep beating a dead horse but sure enough here we are again on the same topic.

Anyway that's just my 2 cents and Johnny don't even bother with your 'haterade' or flipping off or vulgar PMs...I'm done with you but I'm just glad your outted as a profiteering ratsun member...maybe the mods should consider a ban for such behavior?

I don't like this guys attitude. He first attacks us and call us liars and flips us off. Then he is caught and he gives a lame excuse. You should get kicked out just like Bill Clinton got impeached just for lying. And I do care that he resales parts for a profit. People need these parts for projects and we have little money. But that don't really matter here. We are Ratsun member's! We will fix our car another way much cheaper and better anyways...

I would like a poll done so that the forum members will choose if jukeizm stay's or he goes... Who agrees?

so get on your A game and find the parts and stop your crying, i pay real money for some of these parts from japan.. and yes if i see something i think i can make a profit on i will buy it and sell it to make a profit.. selling datsuns and datsun parts is a hobby by no means am i getting rich from it anybody who has dealt with me knows i am a man of my word i may come across as a asshole but hey you cant please everybody all the time.. id like to see one of you whiners find a rare piece and give it away ive dealt with quite a few people here on the forum and have always delivered.. anyways its your choice to buy the parts or not.. so stop your whineing:fu:

No... I have rare pieces but I will use them.... If I find a better part rare or not, then I will upgrade and sell the old ones... I don't buy to make a profit...

I good Datsun enthusiast will help other Datsun enthusiast out... No? I will direct Datsun owners too cars with parts so they can help themselves.

I have seen good people go to meets and sell there parts cheap so that other Datsun owners can enjoy there cars. But then people like jukeizm will buy them all up and sell them for double. Its an injustice...

Jukeizm you can buy and sell parts all you want. Sooner or later people wont be able to afford Datsuns and you will have a warehouse full of junk....

You jukeizm have all the info in Parts/Datsuns. This gives you power so you can set any price. If you shared this info to the public you prices will drop. Such a greedy man. If your not making so much of a profit why not let us know were you get these parts from?

Yes jukeizm I read your note...

"if you dont have a lot of money maybe you should have stayed in school or maybe work 3 jobs or better yet get out of the datsuns and buy a bus card you dont seem very motavated.. lol"

Jukeizm I go to school and I work. I don't ask money from no one nor do I beg. My truck is done so I don't need you or your parts. I built this truck with blood, sweat and tears. You just take advantage and buy Datsuns cheap from someone elses blood, sweet, and tears. So Work 3 jobs? Nah... This one is a Ratsun... I made it run with just a 10mm, 12mm and a crescent wrench... :fu:

Here is my project progress... http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=4057&highlight=motavated+project

For pete's sake!!! Anyone that has a prob buying stuff that's been marked up for a profit.....quit buying EVERYTHING!!!! ....like groceries, gas.... Guys will gladly go down to the parts store and buy some cheasy go-fast trinket that's been marked up 200% and be fine with it. I can understand getting upset if it's a buddy, but if I sell something to somebody I don't know....it's theirs...they can do what they want with it!! If I didn't want that to happen, I wouldn't have sold it!! Oh.....and just because he's another datsun guy, that doesn't make him a buddy or obligated to you in anyway. It simply makes him another datsun owner!!!

So this has highlighted my dilema. I've got a bunch of parts laying around that I've collected. They cost me at least something at some point, but I can't remember where I got half of them, let alone how much I'm into them for. So, everybody here seems to expect them to be sold dirt cheap for "the good of the datsun community".

So let's say I want to sell a non-smog intake for $10. I gotta listen to a half dozen people saying they'd love to have it if they had the money. Several more asking if I could hold it. 2 that want to make payments. There's a 99% chance I'll have to ship it....which will take time to pack (add that to the time it took to remove it, store it, pull it out, take pics and the time to post the ad) and take it to the PO to mail it since it's too heavy to drop in the blue box. So I end up spending at least an hour packing and shipping....I'm nice so I only charge actual shipping...which doesn't include the gas it took to drive it to the PO cause I'd be a complete bastard if I expected another datsun owner to pay for my gas....then the buyer pays with paypal and doesn't give a crap about the fees I'm losing at my end....so I end up with $9.70. I consider myself lucky because at least I got $$'s and not a pile of useless parts that were offered by several other people. If I don't mail it out fast enough, I'll have to listen to rants on the forum about how they haven't gotten their stuff yet....but I'm a good seller.....I go out of my way to get it shipped quickly. So it shows up at the other end and I get the added bonus of getting flamed cause the guy can't believe I charged him $10 for an intake with a rusty fitting on it!!! ....hhhmmm...after losing at least $2 between gas and fees, I've made a whoping $8 in trade for at least an hour of my life.....we haven't added in the 45min spent on the forums trying to explain/defend myself.

So guess what.....rather than even try to deal with this kind of crap....and I do expect this kind of crap because I've seen it happen to many others before me and I've got first hand experience to boot......I'll avoid all this quite easily.... That intake is worth about $2(at least) at the scrap metal place and I don't have to deal with shit!!!

So...I either waste at least an hour of my life for somebody that whines about why I can't just give it to him for free(I'll be expected to pay for the shipping to since he's f'ing broke and I should be cool and help him out) or I can drop it off after work....Metro metals is less than 10min from my work. I can drop off 20 friggin' manifolds in about 15min...make about $40 and the only whining I'm going to hear is from the turbo diesels pulling through the lot!!

Gee......tough choice!!!

....oh....and for you "bright" ones out there.....no, I don't have 20 manifolds laying around here.

......I've only got about 10...and the non-smog ones are $30 ea...unless a buddy gave it to me...then it's $40! :)

So the above was pretty much a worse case kinda thing, but this thread has pretty much convinced me that I have a lot more scrap metal laying around here than I thought I did :)

So maybe this psuedo-rant sounds ridiculous.....but I can't imagine how in the company of previous posts!! :)

I have to chime in here on Mike's behalf. He has, in my experience, done nothing but help people out - asking for nothing in return. I can see why he feels the way he does when it comes to dealing with fuckers that are a hassle.

Here's a story about a stand up guy. This is all true and it happened to me.

I was recently back to work after having been out of a job for a long spell. The new job payed monthly and that was really rough waiting for the first paycheck to come in - six weeks after I started. One night on my way home from work, before that first payday, I had a blowout on my 620. It was my only vehicle and I needed it to get to work. I started at 5:45am and public transportation was not an option. I was nearly dead broke, enough to eat on the cheap and that was it.

About six months prior to this I was at Mike's place one day playing Datsuns. He had a set of stock steel wheels in his wheel pile and a set of 14" tires in another stack. He offered to give them to me that day. I didn't take them.. Not sure why. It's very possible because we didn't feel like putting them in the bed of my truck.

I called (emailed?) Mike when the AAA tow truck dropped me and my truck off at home and explained what had happened. My truck had 16" tahoe wheels, so I either needed to buy a 16" tire ($$$$$) or something else. A coworker agreed to pick me up the next morning for work. I took the bus home.

Mike went home after he got off work in the early AM and picked up a set of tires off of one of his rigs and dropped them off at my house. I mounted up the pair and drove out to his house. He had mounted ALL four tires on the wheels in his garage. He helped me remove the loaner wheels/tires and helped me mount up the set he GAVE me.

Another guy on this forum bought some parts from me one day and it was money I needed to eat that day.

This isn't some fucking "forum" for a bunch of people to be fuckwits to one another. This is an online meeting place for a community of people that share the Datsun hobby/habit/addiction/love. There's no need or place for deception. People are people. Shit happens. God knows I have had a major delay or two in sending out a part to someone. Because I suck at getting it done, sometimes I'm out of town for months on end, and for a while there - I was clinically depressed. Shit can happen, and will continue to. But, dude, don't fucking lie to people. It's not called for and it's not welcome. Sell your wares on the up and up. If you make a couple bucks, good on ya.

My .02

P.S. Thanks to all of the good ones on here!

For pete's sake!!! Anyone that has a prob buying stuff that's been marked up for a profit.....quit buying EVERYTHING!!!! ....like groceries, gas.... Guys will gladly go down to the parts store and buy some cheasy go-fast trinket that's been marked up 200% and be fine with it. I can understand getting upset if it's a buddy, but if I sell something to somebody I don't know....it's theirs...they can do what they want with it!! If I didn't want that to happen, I wouldn't have sold it!! Oh.....and just because he's another datsun guy, that doesn't make him a buddy or obligated to you in anyway. It simply makes him another datsun owner!!!

I guess your right... But I really don't mind helping people out and stuff. Datsun owner or not.... But that's just me...

I currently have some ok stuff that I want to give away, but no one seems too want them... I guess I will just junk them on Tuesday.

Ohh... Not to be a dick but Datsun parts for me is not a need... I DO need gas, food, and other crap. So that's why there so inflated... O well.... I'll shut up now.....

the RL 411 SSS hubcaps with the ROUND holes around the outside edge are extremely rare. I sold a set for under $300 in very nice condition last year...have no more. They were also on the very early Roadster. The typical 410/411 hubcaps are also hard to find, but not nearly as rare as the round hole SSS style.

Johnny Be Good!

I guess your right... But I really don't mind helping people out and stuff. Datsun owner or not.... But that's just me...

I currently have some ok stuff that I want to give away, but no one seems too want them... I guess I will just junk them on Tuesday.

Ohh... Not to be a dick but Datsun parts for me is not a need... I DO need gas, food, and other crap. So that's why there so inflated... O well.... I'll shut up now.....

Most of us don't mind helping other people out. I don't mind helping friends out with stuff like the tires and such cause I know they'll be around later. Most of the guys on here with 1000+ posts I know fairly well. I wouldn't hesitate to help them out. Most of them have my phone number. But...I'm getting really jaded about helping out new guys because several times I've bent over backwards to help out only to get the short end of the stick. You get a nice convincing story about how they live and die by the datsun...then poof....they've sold it for a profit and disappeared. I can certainly understand Pac's position!! Thought he was selling his pride and joy to a collector that would finish it and cherish it....but the only think collected from it was a profit. The irritation is justifiable, but the reality is, it was the new owner's rig and ....anyway.... Pac thought he was bending over backwards to help out.....ended up feeling like he was bent over forwards! (I feel that way at work a lot!!) I'm kinda doubt Pac will bend very far on a similar deal next time.

So here's a positive example.....

A local guy came and bought an L18 block and an eng stand off me. I basically gave it to him for scrap value since I really didn't want to deal with it. He also got a reground cam, three heads(one U67 with big valves), an L16 block(with cross hatching and new bearings) and a non-smog intake....all for the same kind of deal. So, he got it dirt cheap.....but he was up front with his intentions....he said he was going to be cleaning up the stuff and trading/selling it to fund other parts of his rig. He spent his time and money to come get the stuff. He's doing the work to find other buyers/traders. I don't have to haul it to Metro metals.....along with that I don't have to worry about any guilt I might have felt for scrapping the stuff. I got my scrap money and didn't have to pay for gas or deal with hauling it. Win/win! :)

That previous rant was highly exagerated, but I have seen all of that happen, in different pieces, to other people. I will try to sell some of my stuff once I get around to it, but I'm to the point where if I get jerked around in the slightest, I will gladly scrap or toss the part....then tell the jerk I broke/scrapped/tossed the part just because he was a flake!! Boy am I gonna be called an a**hole at that point!!!! :)

There's a lot of great Datsun people out there..... I look forward to dealing with them :)

As I said in the 320 Juke thread, if he bought something and sold it for a profit, that is his decision. Again he might have got it and just not liked the way it drove, who knows. And he didn't even make that much profit.

Lying about who he was on these hubcaps was not smart. HE's prolly burned the bridge to a few customers doing that.

To my mind, the lying is the issue here, if he wants to try to make a profit selling datsun stuff, so what. And man he picked a tough road! (He coulda chose 30's fords or something. So he must actually like datsuns, and this must really be kinda a hobby for him.)

And I do feel for the sellers out there. Buyers can suck (I know, so can sellers) But when we are talking about low dollar Datsun items as mike illustrated, the hassle is often not worth it. Heck even Ted said to hell with it a while back. And Ted and Bonnie had been a HUGE part of me getting parts from the west coast to the east.

If we all lived in the same town it would be great. Like a giant swap meet, but shipping stuff can be a real pain for the hobbiest seller.

So to sum up;

Lying= bad (though entertaining to watch him get owned)

Selling for profit= his decision (and good luck w/ cheap Datsun owners!)

well i understand the point of not coming out and saying the parts are mine but the crap i got about selling the truck i was just trying to avoid all the bs.. and about the truck when everything was said and done i only made about 500.00 you factor in shipping the truck to the east coast and all the repairs i was lucky i made 500.00 and not just break even and the reason i sold the truck was a personal reason. it wasnt because i thought it was a big dollar item i bought the truck with the intentions of fixing it and keeping it but shit happens pac the dealings i had with you were on the up and up i came through when u needed the funds sooner than we agreed so that you could buy your wagon and they couldnt sell it from underneath you.. but you dont mention any of that. i am a man of my word when it comes to delivering on an item.. and yes im into selling things and making a profit on it i am a business man whether it be property, cars , parts or whatever if doesnt make dollars it doesnt make cents.. {sense} and i dont mind helping out people if i can. its not just about the money:)

I collect Datsun/Nissan parts, some I even pay for, but not much. If I have some idea for a future project and see something that might be useful, I try to get it. Often there are left overs, scraps, failed starts and stuff 'collects' around me like a snow drift. Did I say collector? more like pack rat, I just can't throw it away.

Anyway I have a few 'rare' items that I can't and will never use. I can do one of three things...

Sell cheap/give away and risk it being re-sold for someone else's profit, have it sit and never get used by another new owner because it didn't cost much and he has little invested in it. The former makes a part unattainable by a deserving Datsun enthusiast simply because he can't afford it and ends up on some rich kid's flavor of the month ride. The latter simply wastes a good item and removes it from anyones use. I don't know which is worse.

Sell for a 'fair' (not profit) price plus 'labor tax'. If a buyer pays say $100 for a pristine 620 dash, he is unlikely to leave it out in the yard under a tree and never use it. Remember, free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it and is almost always ignored.

Try to find a deserving enthusiast who would make best use of your part or needs it. Could be someone just starting out with Datsuns and needs a break. Tough call to make for sure. Sometimes we have to just trust our instincts and have some faith and take a chance.

On a positive note, a fellow in Nevada put his tranny in without the spacer on the end of the crank and chewed his starter ring, could not find one. i had a couple of auto flex plates and would have sent him one just for the shipping fee but was going out of town for a few weeks and didn't want my wife to deal with it ... so I just sent it pre paid (fits a pizza box). $12 big deal. When I got home there was a '78 620 FSM sent to me from Nevada! Another time I sold a 4.11 R-180 to a 510 guy for just the trouble of pulling it out. I said $50 he said $100 so I sent it pre paid, got a cheque for the hundred plus the shipping!

the RL 411 SSS hubcaps with the ROUND holes around the outside edge are extremely rare. I sold a set for under $300 in very nice condition last year...have no more. They were also on the very early Roadster. The typical 410/411 hubcaps are also hard to find, but not nearly as rare as the round hole SSS style.

Johnny Be Good!

The sad thing is that 10 years ago the Nissan warehouse in Gardena had over a 1000 of them, and I bought 2 for $25 each. I wonder what landfill or scrap yard the survivors landed in. Or, is it worth a trip to Nissan Parts North America, 745 West Artesia Boulevard, Compton Calif. 90220-5594 ?

The sad thing is that 10 years ago the Nissan warehouse in Gardena had over a 1000 of them, and I bought 2 for $25 each. I wonder what landfill or scrap yard the survivors landed in. Or, is it worth a trip to Nissan Parts North America, 745 West Artesia Boulevard, Compton Calif. 90220-5594 ?

Do you really wanna go to Compton? I think not. But speaking of massive amounts of parts... whatever happened with that group that was trying to buy out the old warehouses full of NOS stuff?

Hey hey HEY!

I used to live there and have family living in Compton! :lol:

Nah, But I have heard rumors from older people with Datsun. I have heard that in Compton around Rosecrans Ave there is a place that sells Datsun parts there new and cheap. Supposedly he knew people that knew some people that knew about this place. So is it still there? I don't know. I have not gone to investigate even though My father owns a house close to that area. This info came from some yard workers and there Datsun and there collections. They just love DATSUNS! For work or for play, Datsun is the way! This info was not just from one person but many. But I DONT KNOW!!!!

I will try this place out though... I don't mind Compton at all! It's my home....

Nissan Parts North America, 745 West Artesia Boulevard, Compton Calif. 90220-5594

I wonder what landfill or scrap yard the survivors landed in.

dunno, but the few people that i talked to said ALL leftovers(=didnt want to move it) went directly to scrap :fu:

a few managed to grab some items. i met a guy w/ 3 new Z22 blocks, he wanted $500 each...