My 1980 Datsun b310 210

dat521gatherer

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a dealer installed accessory from what I've seen in the accessory catalog. I'd like to get it re-chromed. I didn't like the emblem at first but if not many have then I got to keep it.SANY5219_zps07b78cc1.jpg

Keep it! Rarities make the car even better! I've never seen an emblem on a 210. One of the kids on here bought a 210 wagon with a cow emblem on the hood. Looked great!

I should have a rear side marker. I'll take a look. I've been coming across a lot of clocks lately (they come with the tachs which I've been selling). If I find another I'll hit you up. Just know that the mechanism in them will be broke so the clock will not work. None of them ever do. If you're handy with those things just replace the mechanism. I put a clock I found in my 210. You aren't just limited to a 2-door hinge. The front door hinges off a 4-door will also work.

Thanks Keith.

Yeah, man.  I'm a Datsun rookie so glad I had helpful info.  I just waxed my hood with McGuire's cleaner wax and then went over that with Rain-X carnuba wax.  Curious to see if it brought the paint back to a shine when the sun comes back up.  It did get all the overspray off. 

I love this car! 

My sister in law had a cobalt blue four door 77 B210 with a manual tranny. A four speed, I think. That car was bulletproof! The stories I could tell. We called it ‘The Motor Canoe’. It was a great little car. She just told me now that she wishes she still had it. “Well why don’t you?” I responded.

I am off to the wrecking yard tomorrow morning, sniffing out some 720 parts. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the radiator repaired and replaced the starter. It started and ran great after i played with it for a couple days. But unfortunately it smokes almost as bad as before it was rebuilt. Has almost 40 miles on it so far. One step forward and two steps back. Sometimes I just have bad luck with stuff. I had my house key copied today and had to go back to the locksmith cause it didn't work.

http://s272.photobucket.com/user/dat521gatherer/media/1980%20Datsun%20210/210%20smoking/SANY6986_zps8693dae7.mp4.html?sort=3&o=4

http://s272.photobucket.com/user/dat521gatherer/media/1980%20Datsun%20210/210%20smoking/SANY6988_zps17d00a03.mp4.html?sort=3&o=5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't got a lot done because of medical problems but I did score a license frame. I have the original black plastic one but you can't really repaint the letters as they are thin stickers. SANY5900_zps159a006b.jpg

SANY5909_zpsf9ea8ead.jpg

SANY5930_zps4c23c01d.jpg

SANY5936_zps48332d02.jpg

SANY5938_zpsc42f9c48.jpg

Know what's crazy?? I think i have the sisters to those beauties

IMG_2273_zpsf9ab5cee.jpg

IMG_2274_zpsbe609d3c.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Nice car!

Thank you.

Just read through this all! I LOVE IT! Especially the the hood ornament, and old Delridge Datsun frame. Used to live down the street from the Southwest Plumbing that currently is in the old Delridge Datsun dealer :D want to find one for my 620 eventually....

Thanks. The hood  ornament grew on me quickly after I didn't care for it. Pumpkin210 has a new one on one of his rides, maybe I can locate a pic of it. I also have a dealer pic of a b210 with a hood ornament.

I love rare parts and options and the lisence plate frames are the icing on the cake.