2 door is home

raceneely

The 2 door SSS Bluebird is in the house. Should be on the road this weekend. I'll drive it for a couple of years then put it in the tank, strip it, and rotisserie restore it. Too bad the calendar doesn't list all of the events anymore or I could figure out which one to take it to without searching 8 different threads to find out what is going on. :)  Neely

411-2-door.jpg?1390939645

• Like 3
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't "make" it, they do exist! I have a Tomica Limited Vintage model LV-82B model that looks exactly like this car except that the model has the OEM wheels. By the way, look closely, it's a Right Hand Drive, so most likely a Japanese or other Right Hand English Rule or British influenced Drive car

The 2 door SSS Bluebird is in the house. Should be on the road this weekend. I'll drive it for a couple of years then put it in the tank, strip it, and rotisserie restore it. Too bad the calendar doesn't list all of the events anymore or I could figure out which one to take it to without searching 8 different threads to find out what is going on. :)  Neely

411-2-door.jpg?1390939645

JCCS!

Did they actually produce an SSS-R?

It's the RL411 export and the R411 Japanese domestic model. There are apparently JDM left hand drive RL411 models produced for sale in Okinawa while Okinawa was under American military juristiction and operated under California traffic laws.

411 = rhd

L411 = lhd

411R = 2-door sedan

R411 = 1.6 liter 4-door

SS-R is listed in the Datsun catalog as Sport Sedan 2-door, but was only a catalog abbreviation, this code won't appear on the car anywhere. The underhood ID plate should read P411 for the 1300 engine or R411 for the 1600 engine.

Hello all,

thanks. The back windows pop out like a 510 and yes, Its an "R" on the vin# and yes it has a 5 main bearing R16 in it, they put an upgraded Cam in it from Steve at Top End performance in North Hollywood all the way from Japan, and upgraded the valve train with these part numbers below and new Nissan valves:

99996-B1061

99996-B1051

It also has a servo style 4 speed box floor shift model in it with the optional 1st and 2nd gear set. 3.082 first 1.857 second  (1.312 3rd gear & 1 to 1 4th gear) stock

but has a 4.11 rear end ratio in it which Ive never seen until this one. I checked because I beat my best 411 time in this thing on Malibu Canyon on Saturday morning and knew it had something to do with gearing. :angel: It did not feel stock.

The bummer was the clock was stolen in transit along with the fender badge and trunk badge

It did come from Japan and Nissan used this Grille on the SSS over there for some reason in many instances.

I need some parts if anyone has some to sell or trade for.

I need:

1 set of motor mounts

E-brake cable

Radio blank off plate

Washer Bottle / Bag set up with elec motor.

Wheel Bearings / Seals

Windshield

Sun Visors

Neely

text me or call me 310 429 1660

Search in "Body/Interior" section. Last year there was a writeup on a washer bottle assembly available in US parts stores that looked exactly like the 411 factory assembly. To my eye it looked like the mount on the back would slip right into the steel bracket on the fire wall of the 410 or 411.

Don't want to steal your thunder but Is this the same car or cousins?

IMG_7978.jpg

IMG_7979-300x199.jpg

IMG_7985-300x199.jpg

IMG_7981-300x199.jpg

IMG_7972-300x199.jpg

The spitting image of the Tomica model LV-82a except for the after market wheels and no bumper guards!  Front fender side lights and no rear fender side lights is authentic.   A beautiful car!

yep that's it.... but its changing quickly, Ive put about 400 miles on it in the canyons here. Now the R20 motor that Lorio sold me is going in next month. Gotta get some wiring done on it, then mounting a mini alternator on the rear pumpkin with a pulley on the driveshaft and relocating the battery in the trunk, that will clean up the engine bay. Alternators are best not seen