Trying to get the NL320 tail light bezel reproduced...

nl320_1963

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The early Datsun Roadster (1966-70) reflectors above the taillights are really close just not as thick, they also connect differently, they have a square hole and clip.

There have been quite a few people I have seen over the years that had nothing for taillights and they disappeared after finding out what people wanted for taillight bezels/assemblies, there is also that piece below the taillight bezel that came in the body color, not sure how many people need them also.

Jake, you have any 320 hubcaps left?

Wayne- 

I'm sure the roadster markers would look pretty nice I just have no clue where to get them and what they would cost. I'm not sure what Moses paid for these but I think it was very reasonable. 

And yeah that tends to happen people get really stoked and excited when they see something coming out but when it's time to pull out your wallet things are different and I totally understand.

If you hit up Christopher B on the DOPES email thread he might be willing to part with a set of hubcaps since he bought two and I remember him offering one of them up in conversation recently.

I only mentioned the Roadster reflectors because they had the same reflective material/look, and if one had access to some used Roadster reflectors they could use them, I cannot tell what the reflector pattern looks like in your photos, but who really cares, how many people that look at these trucks in the parking lot or gas station care, almost all my trucks are highly modified body wise, they do not care, they just like to see them.

I will see if I can figure out how to message Christopher B about the 320 hubcaps.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:15 PM, Jakes Makes said:

Wayne- 

I'm sure the roadster markers would look pretty nice I just have no clue where to get them and what they would cost. I'm not sure what Moses paid for these but I think it was very reasonable. 

And yeah that tends to happen people get really stoked and excited when they see something coming out but when it's time to pull out your wallet things are different and I totally understand.

If you hit up Christopher B on the DOPES email thread he might be willing to part with a set of hubcaps since he bought two and I remember him offering one of them up in conversation recently.

Probably pretty close to the "Lucas style reflectors" - https://www.classiccoachworks.org/parts-catalogue/lucas-style-52mm-rear-reflector

They come in a couple different diameters and colors.

6 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

How about upgrading/updating the reflectors to a small LED? I replaced the round reflectors on my L320 with red LEDs that were the same size. They looked like stock and added a bit of safety.

Good suggestions, honestly id be lucky if i sold 10 sets of these so just trying to help people get something that looks like stock. These trucks are pretty awful looking without them.   

• Like 2
  • 9 months later...